Aug 17, 2019, 09:01 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Yeah, this summer has been especially brutal. I used to love summer as a kid, but now? Too muggy, too hot and too uncomfortable.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 11:04 AM
Heligamist
We had some early morning storms again but they passed. I've been popping out to fly ever since. It's gonna be a hot humid afternoon with some winds. The poor old 200S, 230S V2, 255S are getting jealous now as they've been sitting since I got the 270's.

I still have four weeks vacation left but want to save it for cooler weather and the holidays. I hate working Christmas and New Years weeks. At least we have labor day weekend coming up soon as an extended break.

Hopefully I hear tomorrow if my thumb is borken and what they want to do about it although I may refuse to treat it if it means no flying for an extended period.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
We had some early morning storms again but they passed. I've been popping out to fly ever since. It's gonna be a hot humid afternoon with some winds. The poor old 200S, 230S V2, 255S are getting jealous now as they've been sitting since I got the 270's.

I still have four weeks vacation left but want to save it for cooler weather and the holidays. I hate working Christmas and New Years weeks. At least we have labor day weekend coming up soon as an extended break.

Hopefully I hear tomorrow if my thumb is borken and what they want to do about it although I may refuse to treat it if it means no flying for an extended period.
Dad
Please give us a heads up about the X-ray of thumb.

Rick
Aug 19, 2019, 01:45 PM
Heligamist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopyetz
Dad
Please give us a heads up about the X-ray of thumb.

Rick
Still waiting for doctor to call. I've been out flying and tweaking Fusion 270 #1 more perfect. Eight flights so far but gonna take a break as the contractor that's fixing the house is supposed to be here in 45 minutes.
Aug 19, 2019, 02:37 PM
I am going to pray that you are healed . No since slowing down now.

I put 15 minutes on the Sim today , working on my inverted flying. Process is slow when I don’t fly often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
Heligamist
I'm out flying the 270 and 360 again this afternoon. My thumb is broken right at the bendy part but I'm not going to have the surgery now. I don't want to give up flying and it's still usable for what I need it to do. Hey now isn't that true heli addiciton ??
Aug 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
Hopefully that won’t cause complications down the road , but I imagine if you are gentle with the gimbles, this could count as physical therapy no ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 20, 2019, 06:03 PM
Dad

Thanks for the update. Hope no issues if surgery occurs at later date.
Aug 21, 2019, 01:29 PM
Just a guy, tryin to Fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
I'm out flying the 270 and 360 again this afternoon. My thumb is broken right at the bendy part but I'm not going to have the surgery now. I don't want to give up flying and it's still usable for what I need it to do. Hey now isn't that true heli addiciton ??
Hope you get well soon BD
Aug 24, 2019, 03:13 AM
jofro
Another fun day with some variety.
Aug 24, 2019, 07:11 AM
After flying yesterday , photo taken reminded me of a day back in January .
Aug 24, 2019, 02:50 PM
Heligamist
24 flights today on 200-800 helis I have one pack on the 270 that has cut out twice now (and it's the only name brand one I bought for them). It even cut out early on the charger in discharge mode. It has good voltages and IR's (2 milliohms per cell). Maybe it's a solder connection inside that's flaky. Oh well I have plenty and will mark that one "BENCH USE ONLY". I was able to auto down both times albeit the last one was a pretty hard landing. These Fusions sure are durable. No damage either time.

I'd love to see a dusting of snow Koopyetz. At least the high today was only 74F. Fall is getting closer thankfully.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:50 AM
jofro
Still winter time down here but today it reached 30C, perfect flying conditions.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:56 PM
Heligamist
20 flights today . It was pretty pleasant again but a warm front is approaching. Looks like it will bring rain mid day tomorrow through Tuesday. Afterwards nice weather is predicted through the holiday weekend.

I'm still deciding if I want to put a 4649T on Fusion 270 #1. I don't really need telemetry but it would be nice.

Hope everyone had a great weekend with no crashes and lots of flying. I sure got in plenty.
Aug 25, 2019, 04:30 PM
Regexistentialist
44 flights in two days - pretty amazing/dedicated/impressive! (and inspiring)

All mine are currently either sitting in the shop INBOX or (shamefully), still unassembled in their original kit boxes. I think I'm going to shut off this dang computer right now, clean off the workbench (finally!) and get to work.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Quick Reply