Aug 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Discussion

Did you fly today?

Somebody started a “Did you ride your motorcycle to work today” on a site I visit and it became a very popular thread being added to everyday.

Thought I would start one here with the helis. This would give others info on who is flying, what heli/helis they flew, how much they flew, the kind of flying, did it go as planned and the basic weather they flew in.

If it gets off topic… no big deal, it’s just the nature of this kind of thread. Even if you're not flying, add to the thread and tell us why.

I’ll start.

Flew 3 helis first thing this morning in my backyard at daybreak. Bright and sunny but a ‘warm & humid’ 78F no wind to speak of. Flew the Dragonus (1-pk), HDX300 (1-pk) and the Blade CP (1-pk). Just practiced figure 8’s (need to practice my right turns). I need to keep 100% concentration when flying the Dragonus in my backyard because it’s so fast and so many trees! . The other 2 are just perfect yard flyers. No incidents, all went well. Hope to fly the EP-8 at the school field this weekend.

Cheers
Rich
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2007, 08:49 AM
yep, I flew today... before work, and before it got up to 105F like it did yesterday. I know there are hotter places in the US, but this is northern GA... it shouldn't get that hot here

I just installed the RCT "phantom head" to get my 450S back in the air, and it's a lot more responsive. The ball links are too tight, and I'm gonna have to "size" them this weekend, but it's much quicker in the air than with the stock 450S head. I am quite pleased!
Aug 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
Flew yesterday evening, hot, 95 degrees, sticky, NO AIR MOVEMENT other than what the airplane and heli moved.

Flew my Piper Cub for 35 minutes, then the TRex 450 two batteries for a total of about 25 minutes. Got kinda dark could only see the silhouette.

When Andrew and I first got to the flying grounds, we saw a full scale heli doing a little powerline dusting. Looked like a Bell something or another. I wouldn't have thought, they'd use that type of heli for spraying chemicals.

Very interesting show it was, we also noticed, that the heli only held about 5 minutes worth of chemicals and then had to reload. It landed on top of a truck to reload and then flew off to spay more. Did that about three times before the heli flew off and the truck drove off to a new location.

Pilot looked very skillful coming in to land on that truck between some trees and with tail down almost on the ground. Looked like the huey guys putting troops down in a hot LZ! Truly awesome.
Aug 10, 2007, 08:54 AM
BeeZaur 480
I flew today too, 8AM before it got to hot also.

Second flight RC-Tek phantom 450

That is my nutball cat running thew the video at the end, testing his 9 lives i guess.
Aug 10, 2007, 09:03 AM
Take it easy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
I flew today too, 8AM before it got to hot also.

Second flight RC-Tek phantom 450

That is my nutball cat running thew the video at the end, testing his 9 lives i guess.

That heli sounds GOOD... like the real deal!

If I did research... I would be checking on how cats are wired cause they aren't wired like most other creatures!!
Aug 10, 2007, 09:25 AM
I plan on flying today after I get through repairing the damage from my last major mishap. I wouldn't exactly call Athens, northern Ga. but hurleybt is right, it is hot here!
It will be the afternoon before I get to fly.
Aug 10, 2007, 09:42 AM
BeeZaur 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRide
That heli sounds GOOD... like the real deal!

If I did research... I would be checking on how cats are wired cause they aren't wired like most other creatures!!

It has a high pitch whine like a turbo or somthing

My cat always acts weird in the morning when its cool. He sometimes likes to play in the evning but in the morning hes wound up and read to play. I though the was going to be an old boring lay around cat when i got him but he has his moments. Hes like 8-9 years old i think.
Aug 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
I wouldn't exactly call Athens, northern Ga.

Eh... it's north'ish Weird thing is, it's been even hotter north of here and in SC.
Aug 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
Not flying today. I had to send my 2 day old Blade CP Pro back to Horizon for a faulty servo that cause a mishap. It resulted in bent shafts and broken blades but it should be fixed under warranty.

I need to buy a new co-ax for indoor flying. Maybe a Walkera 5#6 or the new 5G6 when it comes out.
Aug 10, 2007, 11:15 AM
it ain't got no gas in it
nope, didn't fly today(or the day before, or the day before that.) still waiting for parts.
Aug 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
Team Me!
I havnt flown in a week

I was going to yesterday but then it got ugly outside during the evening, hopefully I will today, I'm getting the itch!

Been working on an R/C boat for a bit. Took a break from flying I guess haha.

Joel
Aug 10, 2007, 01:07 PM
Team JR/DFA, KBDD Team Captain
No, not for two or three days.

D@mn insomnia is killing me.

I won't fly without sleep. I did it once and it was not pretty. I got the ship down in one piece and went home.

I was lucky!

I actually got some sleep last night, but time did not permit today (and I wanted to take the Raptor out!).
Aug 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
There's no way in hell i'd get up at 3.30am to get a flight in before work. Not flown yet today (straight to hospital from work to see my daughter ,she should be back out 2nite) so i'm gonna get a quick 8 min in before i have to get back up the hospital.
Aug 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
RC4Life not just 4 xmas
[QUOTE=Ah Clem].I got the ship down in one piece and went home.QUOTE]

WOW!! A flying rc boat post a vid
Aug 10, 2007, 01:53 PM
Take it easy
Thread OP
I took work off today (self-employed and it's TOO HOT (heat index of a 109) to work, besides... it's FRIDAY!!) A friend came by and wanted to see a heli fly so I grabbed the easiest.... Blade CP and parked myself under a shade tree and flew around the yard. It's amazing... it's too hot to work but I can suffer through a heli flight!!

Rich

Quick Reply