F-117 Stealth from RCPowers.com - RC Groups
Aug 09, 2007, 08:55 PM
Discussion

F-117 Stealth from RCPowers.com

http://www.rcpowers.com/F117Stealth/F-117about.htm

Well unfortunately I did not take any pictures when I first built it.... The first one is after the first nose in "landing" Fixed/taped it up, second flight, similar results, fixed/taped it up, third flight, much worse (next pic). I'll get it fixed up and back in the air this weekend, but on to my point.

I had a slightly different idea for the bomb box in this thing. I wanted to be able to remove it, and put in a "blank" flat piece with no servo for now when I don't know what I am doing. As I get better with it, I will put in the bomb box and start playing with that. Because of this I did not want the door to be taped to the bottom of the plane, so I had to redesign the way the door opened, because if you don't put the tape on the way Dave does it, there would be a bit of a gap. I also wanted to be able to put in a camera in this area once I was able to consistently land this thing . So I built a little holder that also fits in there to hold that. All held in by magnets. So now I can put in a blank plate, the bomb box, or a camera.

the camera I got:
http://www.rcplanecams.com/camcart/i...25ceaaadf84e13

now I also don't know if this thing will be to fast to take decent pics with, but I'll mess with that when I stop imitating a lawn dart. (the next one will have some more nose re-enforcement...)
Last edited by yzguy; Aug 09, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2007, 11:59 AM
Finally got it back together....

I added CF rods to each side, and put some more reflective tape on it to help me with seeing it in there air (not very stealth like, but I could not always tell direction very well).

Also I cut off the front tip of the hatch, and glued it to the plane, this keeps this little piece from being weak and makes that area of the plane stronger.
Aug 27, 2007, 08:18 PM
Let's ride!
Wow, that sucks that happened. I'm on the first stages. That's pretty cool that you can interchange the bomb drop and camera. I might do something like this. Good work!
Aug 28, 2007, 12:02 PM
I don't run, hide or tell

Cool Goblin...

I like these planes also & you have yours as an APP...??major cool... please continue the flight reports..!!
Aug 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
I'll post pics when I get brave/good enough to actually put the camera in there!!
Sep 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
got some pics!!

I tried pics coasting and while under power, expecting to see vibrations in the pics, but I could not tell which ones were taken under power and which ones were gliding.

exelent job from rcplanecams in isolating the camera from the motor noise (since the camera draws power from the reciever, I expected noise when the motor was running, and did not see any), and aparently being all sheet foam, vibrations are isolated enough from the camera.
Last edited by yzguy; Sep 19, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
Sep 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
RC Dans
Nice Job All pretty nice pics from a fast plane, well it looks like its fast anyway

Daniel
Sep 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
I did put a slightly smaller battery in it (1250) instead of the recomended 1600, to make up for some of the camera weight, and to try to slow it down. I don't have to many planes, so I don't know what is considered "fast".

I did take it up higher and got some good ones today!

tried some video, and it just moves to much, video is to chopy.
Sep 20, 2007, 05:13 PM
you guys tell me if this looks fast...

the in plane movie:
Stealth in plane video (0 min 45 sec)

the ground view of the above flight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68A8SbuzFCs

droping a little plastic parachute guy (did not open though, poor guy...):
Stealth flying, drop parachute (0 min 56 sec)
Sep 20, 2007, 05:28 PM
Just one more flight...
WOW! yzguy, you are making some great stuff lately! You have the bomb dropper and camera interchangeable on the same plane. That is such a great set up.
Sep 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
Just one more flight...
No...way!!!
Sep 24, 2007, 02:18 PM
Winging it >
We insist on video of the rocket launches!!!!
Sep 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
I did some at lunch but youtube has a size limit... and it is hard to see in the day light. Working on reducing the size... I'll do another test soon, maybe try at luch tomorrow.

to bad I can't fly this thing at night....

now I need to find some bottle rockets that leave a better smoke trail, maybe some whistlers to.

here are some screen captures of the movie from today
Sep 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
That is awesome!!!