Dec 06, 2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehskds
Getting mine soon, will be putting the os 55 in it. What a great motor, just broke one in on a kaos, wicked fast. Can't wait to Get my revolver!
Replace the stock hardware and push rod that has to be joined.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2009, 03:31 PM
Now you see it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasy
Replace the stock hardware and push rod that has to be joined.

Kaos, Revolver or both?
Dec 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
Now you see it...
Picked mine up today, Its going to be a great weekend
Dec 19, 2009, 07:19 PM
Im just starting build now. With this storm coming into ny Ill have it done by tomorrow. My buddy has this same setup and he loves it. I went with the Rimfire Motor,Castle ESC,5000 6S Flightmax and Spektrum 821 servos. Any advice for me? All thats done is the alierons are installed and now Im going over the plane with an iron. Thx
Dec 21, 2009, 10:11 AM
The build went well. With all the bad weather I just sat in the basement for two days and got it done. Its an awesome looking plane. I just need to change out all the plugs on my new lipos and adj the cg. The plane looks so good I dont want to get it dirty. I wish I could hang it on the wall.
Jan 16, 2010, 01:54 AM
It does look nice.
CG seems to be spot on from the manual. My setup was a bit lighter with 3600 6s.
Flew well with the recommended setup. I'd just hate that stock hardware failed. I've also heard from others that their setup for elevator is flaky with two push-rods joining with the stop collar. Can come apart of all not 100%. I'd replace with pull-pull setup or one solid rod.
Jan 16, 2010, 07:08 AM
My buddy and I both had bad landing yesterday with yours. He's got the bigger model and must have hit a divit in the grass on a smooth landing and gripped the gear off. It went up into the wings and made holes. I have the smaller model and was landing and the wind changed direction I stalled and gropped it down from about two ft. I broke on side of the gear not too bad. Then my mini mac racer did a complete flip coming in. It was about and inch off the ground when it just flipped over. The fins both came loose. It was pretty funny to see. All repaired and heading out now.
Jan 27, 2010, 07:36 PM
Now you see it...
Well I knocked the new clean out of my revolver today. Came in low and hot when my os 55 quit ( that has never happened befor must have been the cold weather) I had no choice but to land in the corn field. As it went over a hump in the field I lost sight of it and heard it touch down. Damage was moderate, clean break to the fire wall, clean break at the landing gear, one hole in the wing from the pants, and a bunch of mud through out the whole thing. Already called the lhs and had them order new pants and gear. My hearts broke but I'll get over it.
Feb 22, 2010, 03:44 PM
Im still waiting for my gear. The backorder is crazy. Its been about 2 months for me.
Feb 22, 2010, 09:20 PM
Now you see it...
Lhs says late feb, I hope Rays correct
Feb 22, 2010, 09:50 PM
Got the call 2/28 they come in.
Feb 23, 2010, 10:00 AM
If you can't get the stock landing gear, I found that the plastic landing gear made by Dubro (#789) was a reasonable and perhaps better subsititute. I was gifted with a .46-sized revolver when the original owner got tired of fixing the landing gear mounting. I reinforced the landing gear mounting area, recovered it, converted it to electric and flew it for about a year until tip stalling and crashing it into a tree. The reinforced landing gear mounting area held up well on our grass field, but it seemed I was always having to replace the stock landing gear legs. The Dubro piece didn't require any modifications to the plane, looked okay, allowed mounting the stock wheel pants, was relatively inexpensive, and seemed to hold up much better than the stock landing gear legs.
Feb 23, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoges17
Im still waiting for my gear. The backorder is crazy. Its been about 2 months for me.
If I told you how long I waited for my Escapade cowl you would cringe.

Currently waiting for a Shoestring Canopy/Hatch that was busted in transit.

<Now reads late March >

Tommy D
Mar 21, 2010, 07:48 PM
Just been told another month for gear. Had to open my spare plane box and use both. My field is a polo ground at a state park so it has holes that wreck the gear. I broke another 2 days ago.
Apr 04, 2010, 08:08 PM
Nico flight

Revolver

Does it have the adapter screw for the aluminum spinner ????

Quick Reply