Nov 16, 2002, 05:56 PM
Master ReKitter
Thread OP

gearboxes for Mega 16/15/x ?

Any suggestions for sturdy gearboxes for this series of motors?

thanks, Bill
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2002, 06:23 PM

Re: gearboxes for Mega 16/15/x ?

Quote:
Originally posted by uglyplane
Any suggestions for sturdy gearboxes for this series of motors?

thanks, Bill
i do need a nice gearbox for my mega too...
mega has nice $40 gearbox but it is kind of noisy. If you could find a helical gearbox that fits the mega then it would be nice... since helical gear is more efficient than spur gearbox and it is quiet too... Actually the sound of helical gearbox is very pleasant.
Nov 17, 2002, 01:44 AM
i just bought a Mega 2:1 gearbox for a 15-4 Mega motor and it looks very good and spins super smooth. the only issue i see with it is that you have to Locktite or glue on the pinion gear. you need a gear puller to get it off i guess so i order a puller from Tower just in case i want to use the motor again for direct drive.

taved
Nov 17, 2002, 01:44 AM
i just bought a Mega 2:1 gearbox for a 16-15-4 Mega motor and it looks very good and spins super smooth. the only issue i see with it is that you have to Locktite or glue on the pinion gear. you need a gear puller to get it off i guess so i order a puller from Tower just in case i want to use the motor again for direct drive.

taved

Quick Reply