Jan 01, 2017, 01:51 AM

horns & motor plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaudej
What is "micro pushrods and the little wooden control horns" ?
Here's an example from RCPOWERS.com plans.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2017, 08:52 AM
Outlaw
looks great!
Jan 11, 2017, 07:49 PM
check for reversed controls
Timbo , Ive seen some big profile F22s built before. They used half inch thick Insulboard foam. I like your idea of Coroplast fuse

Heres Ron at Apollo Field in Van Nuys Ca. flying combat with big F 22s. And as you see in the video they coulda used a coroplast nose. LOL
Top Dog 3 (2 min 1 sec)
Last edited by alpea 41; Jan 11, 2017 at 07:56 PM.
Jan 11, 2017, 07:55 PM
Lost at LAX
Love it -build thread?
Jan 11, 2017, 09:14 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart
Love it -build thread?
No, just the standard build, but used birdofplay's full fused slide on ground plan https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lide-On-Ground . I used hobby king 9mm foam for the body but used coro where I showed. I just cut the coro 5% smaller and glued 3 mm foam around it to make it the plan size and thickness of the 9mm foam.
Oh yeah, I did double up the fuse with two pieces of coro crisscrossing the flutes for more strength and matching the 9mm size of the foam. Really didn't need to add the lighting holes up front tho, can always use the extra weight there for the cg.
Last edited by Timbo383; Jan 11, 2017 at 10:21 PM.
Jan 11, 2017, 09:42 PM
Alpea41, I hope mine flys just as good as those, .....before the combat....I know some people enjoy doing that but I can't see me working on something for hours just to try to smash it up for fun.
Jan 11, 2017, 10:22 PM
check for reversed controls
im sure it will. Just keep your power system at 200 watts or more per pound of flying weight.
Jan 11, 2017, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41
im sure it will. Just keep your power system at 200 watts or more per pound of flying weight.
Oh it has enough power, cranked it up for a test run and almost slipped out of my hand in the house......now that would be a sight to see, this size plane flying through my living room. Don't even know how to explain that one to my wife, who is already loosing patience with my addiction of these builds.
May 10, 2017, 12:35 PM
Remote Controlled Crashes
One of the easiest planes to build.
I made part 1 of video tutorial on how to build this plane.
Thanks Tomhe for this design, helped a lot of beginners to start in hobby.

How to make RC Airplane - Part 1 (15 min 27 sec)
May 11, 2017, 08:14 AM
Just love how to videos....you can always learn something new or a different way to do it.

Well, I guess I can give an update on how well the coro fuse works....
To start with, the ROG bottom built in my plane will not work at the large flying area I go to. Gravel road to get there and foot high weeds...not grass...does not make a good surface. So it's up to me to wing toss this huge thing, yes, get that visual. First throw not enough umh in the toss, broke a wing, hot glue on site and tried again. After the third time it got in the air and flew like the smaller versions....ok, now the stupid part, flew around and trimmed it out and ready to land, but I didn't want to mess up the bottom with the gravel and weeds so I'm thinking wing catch....uh, right...coming back at me I relized how fast and big it was and said what the heck am I thinking and, so I let it go by to land on the rough surface. Well, I had forgotten that I was also standing with my wife's minivan behind me that she let's me use for my planes when I go flying. Yep, you got it, fortunately the plane hit low enough into the van that my wife believes that it must have been a shopping cart dent from the grocery store. Yes, I lied to her, yes I'm a bad husband, but I drive a two door hyundai accent and the planes don't fit too well in that. Anyways the point is that the coro nose took that solid hit and did not break or crumble up, the foam skin on it needs to be replaced tho, it's cracked and broken in several places. I may just take it off it make it a profile plane. There is a difference how they fly with a full fuse, you lose some speed and agility.
May 19, 2017, 12:41 PM
Remote Controlled Crashes
All parts of video tutorial are on my channel: https://goo.gl/IcXMSz , this one is last...Maiden flight on windy day.

How to make RC Airplane - Part 4 - Maiden flight (3 min 16 sec)
Jan 31, 2018, 03:47 PM
We start to build this one. Hope its will have maiden flight soon
Jan 31, 2018, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan Ban
We start to build this one. Hope its will have maiden flight soon
I would say good luck with the maiden but these planes fly so good you won't need it. Almost all of the breakage happens when people get tired of the floaty smooth flights and start having fun with them.
Feb 10, 2018, 03:03 AM
F- 22 Raptor Yapım ve Uçuş (3 min 19 sec)

Quick Reply