6mmFlyRC Profile F-22 with Simple Thrust Vectoring - Page 215 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 25, 2013, 04:48 AM
Registered User
jonc1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus
It's actually called coroplast...looks like corrugated cardboard but made of plastic. You find it a lot in sign making: real estate, political etc.
http://www.coroplast.com/
Hi, I think coroplast is the USA name, and in the UK its called Correx. Its the same stuff though.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether you need a carbon stiffener with Coroplast ? Or do the flutes provide enough strength ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 09:08 PM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch
Here's my v3 Coro-Raptor. My previous Blue Angels version was getting a bit long in the tooth & was retired.

Just swapped everything out of the old & put in the new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suv8XzrIfNg
Gator!
I got relatives in Coconut Creek. We got to fly together at Thanksgiving when I go there!
Jan 26, 2013, 07:44 PM
Registered User
gatorlynch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc1
Does anyone have an opinion on whether you need a carbon stiffener with Coroplast ? Or do the flutes provide enough strength ?
You do not need any stiffener. Just run the flutes of the Coro sideways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
Gator!
I got relatives in Coconut Creek. We got to fly together at Thanksgiving when I go there!
PM me when you're down this way. We have a regular group who fly at a local park. No rules - Just fun!
Jan 26, 2013, 08:14 PM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch
PM me when you're down this way. We have a regular group who fly at a local park. No rules - Just fun!
will do!
Jan 30, 2013, 02:38 PM
Registered User

Thanks


I've been trying to get to this for some time.
Thanks Tomas for sharing the F-22 plans with me. So far I have built 2 for friends and 4 of different sizes for myself. When I crash I hardly cry, easy fixer-upper.
My 24" and 28" are EDF's I don't throw them, just put them on the grass and take off. Works fine.
Thanks again
Bob
Last edited by masty534; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
Jan 31, 2013, 09:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by masty534
I've been trying to get to this for some time.
Thanks Tomas for sharing the F-22 plans with me. So far I have built 2 for friends and 4 of different sizes for myself. When I crash I hardly cry, easy fixer-upper.
My 24" and 28" are EDF's I don't throw them, just put them on the grass and take off. Works fine.
Thanks again
Bob
would like to see. any video??
Feb 03, 2013, 04:46 PM
Registered User
gatorlynch's Avatar

You did check the elevator controls, right ?


I put together another Coroplast F-22 for my buddy - the one who has the laser cutter that cuts out my airframes for me. MIne is red on top, his is red on the bottom.

Here's what happens when you focus on having the aileron function set up properly during pre-flight - and forget to check the elevator function .......

Coroplast is VERY forgiving.

We'll get some formation flying in once he's comfortable with the plane.

Jim's F-22 Maiden (0 min 55 sec)
Feb 04, 2013, 04:50 PM
Addicted to my hobby
Sweetrex's Avatar

F-22 Raptor


Hey guys,
I just finished my build. Here are the specs:

Motor: MicroDan 2505-2900 motor
Prop: 6x4 Sport/6x4E
Battery: Thunder Power 4s 2100mAh LiPo
Servos: 2x HS-55's linked to tailerons and ailerons using the posted method
ESC: Phase 3, 45 amp. I went with this one for it's ability to do 4s plus I had it laying around.
Material: 5mm Cellfoam, with fiberglass skin, airbrushed
Weight: 21.3 oz
I haven't flown it yet so if something doesn't look right, nows the time to say something I always snap a few shots before the maiden. So you can see it in it's virgin state.
Feb 04, 2013, 08:03 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Levictus's Avatar
Sweet...that's gonna be crazy on 4s!
Feb 04, 2013, 11:50 PM
Addicted to my hobby
Sweetrex's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus
Sweet...that's gonna be crazy on 4s!
Hopefully not too crazy. I'm a good pilot and I have sharp skills but I've dealt with crazy before and crazy doesn't always mean fast!
Feb 05, 2013, 09:27 AM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrex
Hey guys,
I just finished my build. Here are the specs:

Motor: MicroDan 2505-2900 motor
Prop: 6x4 Sport/6x4E
Battery: Thunder Power 4s 2100mAh LiPo
Servos: 2x HS-55's linked to tailerons and ailerons using the posted method
ESC: Phase 3, 45 amp. I went with this one for it's ability to do 4s plus I had it laying around.
Material: 5mm Cellfoam, with fiberglass skin, airbrushed
Weight: 21.3 oz
I haven't flown it yet so if something doesn't look right, nows the time to say something I always snap a few shots before the maiden. So you can see it in it's virgin state.
nice set up!
I run the 2505-2900 with a MAS 6x4 on 2200mah 4S and luvs it!
19.7 oz AUW with 2200 mah 4S
Feb 05, 2013, 09:28 AM
Outlaw
gatorb8's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlynch
I put together another Coroplast F-22 for my buddy - the one who has the laser cutter that cuts out my airframes for me. MIne is red on top, his is red on the bottom.

Here's what happens when you focus on having the aileron function set up properly during pre-flight - and forget to check the elevator function .......

Coroplast is VERY forgiving.

We'll get some formation flying in once he's comfortable with the plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fDM9WWdDYA
LOL! been there, done that!
Feb 05, 2013, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatekevin
would like to see. any video??
Sorry, no video. I'm in Michigan. See if this and the pictures help.
64MM EDF 5250KV Hobbypartz.com $17.42
40 amp esc
2000mAH 3s batt.
1/16 ply
epoxy and hot glue.
Short grass.
Feb 06, 2013, 10:40 AM
Registered User
jonc1's Avatar
Finished the V3 F22, this time made of 4mm Correx (UK version of Coroplast).
Maiden went like a dream, with the plane feeling so much tighter and more responsive than the depron V1 & V2 I built.
Its a bit heavier but still goes vertical when needed using the same 2212-6 engine with a 6x4e prop.

F22 V3 Maiden (4 min 11 sec)
Feb 06, 2013, 11:09 AM
Slow Flyer
Bombay's Avatar
Looks good. I like the distressed bones and flames. On low rates, it shouldn't be crazy at all (with good throttle control).

I like to enlarge/lengthen the ailerons a bit, but your 'cut' should be fine.

Let us know how the maiden goes.
Then put some LEDs on it.

Regards,
Bombay
Night Flying Accessories for Sale (LEDs, controllers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetrex
Hey guys,
I just finished my build. Here are the specs:

Motor: MicroDan 2505-2900 motor
Prop: 6x4 Sport/6x4E
Battery: Thunder Power 4s 2100mAh LiPo
Servos: 2x HS-55's linked to tailerons and ailerons using the posted method
ESC: Phase 3, 45 amp. I went with this one for it's ability to do 4s plus I had it laying around.
Material: 5mm Cellfoam, with fiberglass skin, airbrushed
Weight: 21.3 oz
I haven't flown it yet so if something doesn't look right, nows the time to say something I always snap a few shots before the maiden. So you can see it in it's virgin state.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video f-22 with average pilot leadfeather Electric Plane Talk 1 Apr 24, 2008 12:49 AM
Video RCSuperPowers F-22 with Vectoring Thrust RCSuperPowers Electric Plane Talk 25 Feb 18, 2008 04:00 PM
Wattage F-22 with mixed surfaces & 208 watts/lb!! (video) meteor Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 30 Feb 09, 2005 09:57 AM
Wattage F-22 with ducted fan The Blue Max Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 11 May 10, 2003 01:13 PM
f-22 with jeti brushless ivorz Foamies (Kits) 14 Oct 01, 2002 08:39 PM