Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
I am wondering if this motor would push this plane? I want it to have some power, but I am a beginner who just wants it to fly comfortably. The prop slot isn't big enough to accommodate a 7 inch prop is it? I will be running it on 3s.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12916
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Foam abuser!
Can't fit a 7" prop without cutting into the intake/fuse sides.

You can still fly comfortably with the standard 2212-6, just don't go full throttle. At half throttle she flies along nice and easy.

Pat
Jun 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
I already ordered the 1450kv motor for another plane, so I was hoping it would work in this jet. Would it work with a smaller version of the f22?
Jun 25, 2012, 09:38 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider98
I already ordered the 1450kv motor for another plane, so I was hoping it would work in this jet. Would it work with a smaller version of the f22?
With a lower kV motor, which the 1450 is, it needs to swing a bigger prop to develop the quoted thrust. It won't work on a smaller version, you actually need a version bigger than 100% to swing the larger prop. As you go smaller in plane size the max prop gets smaller so you start needing a higher kV than 2200 to develop any thrust out of the small prop.

High kV, small prop. Put a large on it and you will over-amp it.
Low kV, large prop. Put a small prop on it and it simply won't produce enough thrust.
Jun 25, 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the help. I will get a 2200kv for it then.
Jul 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
hello first time poster long time reader i just ordered a flysky9 tx and now that i have a good tx/rx i can program im going to try this build i plan on using a Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV motor with a apc 6x4 or 6x5 prop 30amp esc and two EXI-Servo-D213F i know the kv a little low but hobbypartz in house testing said it spins a 6x4 faster then a microv3 so i thought it would do the job and im not going for any speed records so i have two questions 1. does anyone see any reason why this motor won't work 2. can any one recommend a set up i.e. expo throws and so on for a guy just getting into propslot jets and programmable tx also as a side note if someone could message me or some thing the rx models they gotten to work with their flysky9 tx id really be grateful thanks
Jul 03, 2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethebuilder
hello first time poster long time reader i just ordered a flysky9 tx and now that i have a good tx/rx i can program im going to try this build i plan on using a Exceed RC Rocket 2210-1820KV motor with a apc 6x4 or 6x5 prop 30amp esc and two EXI-Servo-D213F i know the kv a little low but hobbypartz in house testing said it spins a 6x4 faster then a microv3 so i thought it would do the job and im not going for any speed records so i have two questions 1. does anyone see any reason why this motor won't work 2. can any one recommend a set up i.e. expo throws and so on for a guy just getting into propslot jets and programmable tx also as a side note if someone could message me or some thing the rx models they gotten to work with their flysky9 tx id really be grateful thanks
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12339
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12901
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10625
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r6b-receiver.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r8b-receiver.html
Jul 05, 2012, 01:45 PM
thanks im building a plane that would benefit from a 3ch rx thanks again hopefully ill have it done tonight and ill post so pics
Jul 06, 2012, 01:49 AM
Gents,
What's the max wing span/scale/percentage that you would recommend with the GH SMJ. I know it's not a speed demon. I miss how well this plane flew.
Thanks
Last edited by Doushiyou12; Jul 06, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
Jul 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Foam abuser!
I'd say probably max 150%, but 125% would probably be best.

Pat
Jul 06, 2012, 12:49 PM
Pat,
As always, thank you
Jul 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
whats up guys and gals... i dont post much here but i do read every post. i thought id at least do my part and try to keep this thread alive.
heres an update from post #2771.. ive rebuilt still using foam board, (yea i know... depron is the stuff to use.. but its cheap and VERY availible to me) 2212-06 6x4 prop...facing the correct direction... and flown many times having sooo much fun!! without a crash too!!
today i was out flying when i ran into another enthusiast. he was impressed with this jet, and its top and low end speed. he was interested in building one. he has a edf f22 but he said hes scared to fly it around because the speed has to be kept up really high. i told him not this one!!
any updates on your guys' jets? paint scheme, design..etc..
Jul 20, 2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatekevin
whats up guys and gals... i dont post much here but i do read every post. i thought id at least do my part and try to keep this thread alive.
heres an update from post #2771.. ive rebuilt still using foam board, (yea i know... depron is the stuff to use.. but its cheap and VERY availible to me) 2212-06 6x4 prop...facing the correct direction... and flown many times having sooo much fun!! without a crash too!!
today i was out flying when i ran into another enthusiast. he was impressed with this jet, and its top and low end speed. he was interested in building one. he has a edf f22 but he said hes scared to fly it around because the speed has to be kept up really high. i told him not this one!!
any updates on your guys' jets? paint scheme, design..etc..
hello bro i wrecked mine before i could paint it still figuring out my 9x and flip a switch i shouldnt have but the 2.0 build is on i am also using $tree foam but my motor mount needs to be rework it flexes to much at speed making the trust unpredictable but i did do some thing to the elevons to stiffen them up ill post a pic maybe we can get this thread alive again
Jul 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
I will join the Keep The Thread Alive Club. My maiden flight went very well but I did have to bring it down after about 1 min to adjust the left elevon. 2nd flight was slow and uneventful. 3rd flight however was fun, I went to my parents house to fly it off the deck and things went south. Did not do a range check and lost signal about 2 min into flight. Taping the antenna's would have been a good idea "as they are now". So I lost control and went strait into a tree. The RT wingtip cracked and there is a pea size hole in the wing. Glued the wingtip - left the hole "gives it character". She's been flown a couple dozen times now without incident. Thanks Tomhe and to all who have helped me, this is a fun plane to build and fly.
Last edited by x388s; Jul 21, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Jul 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x388s
I will join the Keep The Thread Alive Club. My maiden flight went very well but I did have to bring it down after about 1 min to adjust the left elevon. 2nd flight was slow and uneventful. 3rd flight however was fun, I went to my parents house to fly it off the deck and things went south. Did not do a range check and lost signal about 2 min into flight. Taping the antenna's would have been a good idea "as they are now". So I lost control and went strait into a tree. The RT wingtip cracked and there is a pea size hole in the wing. Glued the wingtip - left the hole "gives it character". She's been flown a couple dozen times now without incident. Thanks Tomhe and to all who have helped me, this is a fun plane to build and fly.
awww that sucks. just keep at it. i promise you'll have it in the air flying like a dream!! at least you didnt loose the plane like i have before
flew mine today as well. i crashed too i was about 4 feet from the ground and i planned on going stright into the air but i decided to do a quick roll first and lost the little altitude i had and floped real hard on the belly. got lucky it was very minor damage. and the prop didnt break.. took it home. glued it up, charged up a couple of batteries and went right back out. flew like new!
-kevin-