Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by batusaix
User Extraordinaire
I got 13 minutes of flight with my F-22. Lipo used was a 2S 1000mah Turnigy.

I was pretty high up, I swear I caught some thermals. I could barely see it, it helps that my F-22 is red. Just floating with the wind.

When I got down & charged my lipo, it read ZERO. No matter, that was a long flight even by F-22 standards. My multi role(except go fast) plane.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2011, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by Runnikee
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
I recognize some names on here from a couple of my other builds, so hopefully you guys can help me out. I'm going to be running 3S 2200 mAh batts. Can anyone recommend a motor, prop, esc combo for this plane. I'd really like to go through headsuprc if possible. I'm not a fan at all of Graysons and have had nothing but good luck with headsup. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 02, 2011, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by Bombay
Slow Flyer
The tried and true standard for this plane is a 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop on 3s. Most places label the motor as a 2212-6...this looks like headsuprc's equiv.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...oom/Categories

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...C-6-x-4/Detail
Old May 02, 2011, 11:15 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
The tried and true standard for this plane is a 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop on 3s. Most places label the motor as a 2212-6...this looks like headsuprc's equiv.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...oom/Categories

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...C-6-x-4/Detail

Thanks a lot, Bombay! I appreciate the info
Old May 03, 2011, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Fly, dangit!!!

66% f22

Hello all - I spend most of my time over in the scale forum, but have just recently gotten into the profile foamies. It's nice to build something in a few nights, especially since it flies so well! I found Tom's plan and re-sized it by 66% (about 18" WS). It uses elevons only, but still will roll and loop no problem. I did mod the plan a bit since it's built from 3mm gray Depron, I doubled the layers at the nose and added a small amount of weight in the nose to balance it. All in all I spent about 40 bucks on the plane, RTF. Not bad for such a fun plane!

J. B.

IMG_1122.MOV (2 min 26 sec)
Old May 03, 2011, 08:14 PM
Find More Posts by ronaldf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zepplin View Post
Hello all - I spend most of my time over in the scale forum, but have just recently gotten into the profile foamies. It's nice to build something in a few nights, especially since it flies so well! I found Tom's plan and re-sized it by 66% (about 18" WS). It uses elevons only, but still will roll and loop no problem. I did mod the plan a bit since it's built from 3mm gray Depron, I doubled the layers at the nose and added a small amount of weight in the nose to balance it. All in all I spent about 40 bucks on the plane, RTF. Not bad for such a fun plane!

J. B.
Like this:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795691
Old May 03, 2011, 11:30 PM
Find More Posts by Led Zepplin
Fly, dangit!!!
Ha! Yeah, I knew it wasn't an original idea by any stretch, but it is a nice design that has been proven over and over it seems. I've got plenty of Depron left so I think I'll try the MiG29 as a dogfighting partner!

J. B.
Old May 09, 2011, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by AH-56
Finally finished mine Still waiting on a 1800mah 30c before the first flight.

Old May 09, 2011, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by Bombay
Slow Flyer
Sweet. Don't fly that against a grey sky. lol
Old May 09, 2011, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by GBazz
What is the best way to cut out this stuff ?.Looks like fun
Old May 09, 2011, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
If you're cutting depron, a very sharp hobby knife (like an Xacto or similar) is best. I typically go through 2 blades cutting one of these out.

Just print the plans, cut out the templates, place over foam, then go to town!

Pat
Old May 09, 2011, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by AH-56
I took the easy way out

http://www.6mmflyrc.com/quick-build-series/
Old May 09, 2011, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Yeah, it's nice to have a place to go if you don't feel like cutting foam. I build a new mini F-22 for myself about once every couple of months (not to mention the ones I build as RX-ready for local customers). If I had to cut them by hand every time I'd go stir crazy!

And the good thing is, 6mmFlyRC is only a couple miles from ny house!

Pat
Old May 10, 2011, 09:31 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBazz View Post
What is the best way to cut out this stuff ?.Looks like fun
I just use a utility knife and have never had a single issue.
Old May 10, 2011, 06:23 PM
Find More Posts by GBazz
Thanks for answers as i have never used the stuff
Bazz