Sailing on Plaza Pond - Page 153 - RC Groups
Mar 11, 2018, 10:33 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Great pictures.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2018, 06:49 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Sierra MYC Pond Report 2018 03 18

First off it isn't all my fault and besides yesterday was St Paddy's.

So I have that going for me and Bill and Rick showed up for breakfast.

Not sure what went on at the hotel but the night before, but they seemed to be recovering too. Well... not the little girl, that didn't want to stop crying, at the other table but you know other than those things.

After I found my way around the big Blueberries in my plain pancakes we made to the pond. TADA!

Rick had his Canterbury J. Brad and Christopher happily sailed their RG65 DF. Boats were set up and we had a table of happy campers setting up boats. Dave showed up with a Vic and something about deciding to put the keel on the bottom of his new boat but you kind of had to be there.

We had stories being swapped and boats going in and out of the water. It was fun watching 6 different boats on the pond.

I sent out a Victoria with Christopher and sailed Plumb Crazy a Fairwind. Bill had a Vic, Dave had a Vic and Rick had his pretty Canterbury.

Mike Keller came out and sailed for a bit. He could get hooked.

A boat followed me home but it wasn't my fault either.

Maybe it will warm up next week.

Here are some photos:
Last edited by Fairwind900; Mar 18, 2018 at 06:54 PM.
Mar 18, 2018, 08:22 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Love that Canterbury J.
Mar 18, 2018, 10:15 PM
Modeler/ Historian
CJ’s are elegant sailboats. Love the pics!
Mar 25, 2018, 03:34 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Sierra MYC Pond Report 2018 03 25

Yo Commodores!

It was sail day. Bill and I made it over for our Happy Meal. During the meal, we solved all the world problems. So rest easy folks.

Back over at the pond, we found John with his new thrift store find a Fairwind. Johns had added an eyelet to the clew since I talked to him on the phone Friday. We used some string to batten down the cabin and put it in the water. It did well for the first sail. The sail transmitter winch was reversed a simple fix. The wind was pretty strong for the Fairwind and it seemed a bit light. Maybe another pound of ballast might fix it.

Brad was there with Christopher and Jeffery up from San Diego. They were enjoying the RG65 which does well in strong wind.
The RG65 started to lose radio control, but a new battery pack fixed the problem.

Bill had an ODOM and I brought out one too. They are suited for stronger wind. And we had a fun time sailing.

That Phantom that followed me home last week decided it wanted to go with Christopher. Brad said okay and Christopher seemed happy. It will be fun to see it progresses with them. Christopher loaded the boat into the back of their SUV.

Everyone was turning into a popsicle and one by one packed in it. Bill and I made several runs around the course with our ODOMS in the good air. The boats were going bow down and scooting. It was fun coming around the mark and trying not to get headered. I'm not sure I found the right setup for my boat but I was happily watching it sail.

John said he purchased a Victoria along with the Fairwind. I told him I might have a buyer for his Vic. I'll let you know if I hear anymore.
Apr 15, 2018, 11:28 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Sierra MYC Pond Report 2018 04 15

Yo Commodores,

As we pulled up to the pond this morning Brad and Christopher were already getting their boats wet. So I skipped the happy meal and joined them sailing. It was fun watching the guys getting their new Phantom setup. Brad told me he had added lead bbs to the keel bulb and he purchased a new RX/TX for it at our local Hobby store on Mooney Ave, Visalia Hobbies.

I started off by bringing out the Tugboat. I wanted to see how it did after working on it in the shop yesterday. Everything seemed to be working well, but my water canon still has an issue.

Tim showed up next with his Victoria and a Blue Bird. A couple months ago at the pond, we had shared a story about growing up with a pet parakeet that had vicious tendencies. Tim figured I needed a bird for my transmitter antenna and ran out and bought me one. Thanks, Tim!

I think Eric showed up next. He is one of Christopher's teachers and enjoys sailing. It was nice to meet him. I suggest he get a Victoria to start. He looked very interested.

Bill came out and told us about a Cowboy wedding he went to and set up his Victoria.

John came out next and had his newly purchased Fairwind. He is still getting it dialed in. Tim jumped in and made suggestions on things John might try. Nice job Tim!

I almost set up my Vic but discovered someone (me) had loaded the wrong sail rig for that Vic. So I set up a Fairwind and enjoyed sailing it.

We had a good day!

Christopher enjoyed the TugBoat. I enjoyed the bird and the day out with friends.

I let the folks know I saw Jeff on the way home last week. He emailed and said everyone is fine and he is working 7 days a week. He said the family is fine and to say Hi to the gang. Waylon is probably going to college by now. Time flies.

See if you can spot my new bird in the photos.

Here are some photos from the day
Sierra MYC Pond Report 2018 04 15 (0 min 33 sec)

Quick Reply