Sailing on Plaza Pond - Page 149 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 31, 2017, 11:35 AM
Easy fix for the problem is a piece of acetate (like from a report cover) cut to size, taped in place, and positioned above the rudder pushrod.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2017, 11:08 AM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

acetate

Thanks, Tom, I'm sure Bill will see our comment and that would work to fix it.
Aug 06, 2017, 09:02 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Sierra MYC Pond Report 2017 08 06

Yo Commodores!

It was a good day. At breakfast, we had Bill, Tim Rick and myself. One of the items of conversation was Doug from Fresno needing to sell some boats that belonged to his father. He had two ODOMS, a Seawind and a Victoria Thundertiger to sell. I had already emailed and posted a notice to the club that this would be happening today.

I'm now happy to report that the sale went well. We sent Doug home with an empty truck and cash. From the sale, Dave went home with Victoria ready to sail. Rick Harvey went home with a Seawind that had raced in the 2011 Sewind Region 5 championship. Tim went with an ODOM and a sail case. Lots of happy folks. I picked up the other ODOM.

It was supposed to be race day but the day was filled with the Doug sail. I think Toby would be glad his boats went to folks that will sail them. We also did get time to sail our Victoria's and that was fun.

It will be fun to see these new boats work their way onto the water. Dave sailed his new boat today after we got a radio system working for him.
Aug 12, 2017, 11:18 AM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Tim's ODOM from Toby

Here is an ODOM project boat that Tim has taken on.

We added four boats to our club last weekend including this ODOM that Tim purchased. Here are some photos he snapped this week as he is restoring the boat. Tim thinks the bulb had fallen off at one time and the owner Toby decided to fiberglass and epoxy the bulb back on so it would never fall off again. Tim had a heck of a time cleaning it up.

Note the Dremel sanding head covered in white dust.

Rick
Aug 13, 2017, 07:23 PM
~~~~/) ~/) Sierra MYC

Sierra MYC Pond Report 2017 08 13

Yo Commodores!

We had four for breakfast today Rick, Bill, Tim and me. During breakfast, Tim shared with us how his ODOM construction project is going. He is having way too much fun rebuilding the boat.

Later at the pond, our friend Dave joined us with his new Victoria. Tim had a Vic and did the show and tell with his new boat. Bill brought out an ODOM to sail. Rick had his new Seawind and set it up to sail. I brought with me a Vic, Fairwind and Dragon Force 65 today. I decided because everyone had different boats I'd sail my DF 65 and see if I could get it tuned right for the A+ sails and rig and have a relaxing day adjusting the boat.

Dave gave me some AA batteries, thanks, Dave! I put them in the back of the Suburban. I'm thinking Daves new Vic is sailing much better than his first Vic. Now he will have a bench mark to start making improvements to his other boat.

Rick had started to sand and prep his Seawind. I'm thinking at some point it won't be painted Yellow/Red. He had some issues with his new Spektrum radio/ rx. Binding issue.

Bill's ODOM had a good day on the water sailing against the smaller boats.

I was happier with my A+ sails today as I had the boat sailing with at least a neutral helm. I need to work on the jib halyard and get more room to adjust my sail.

Here are some photos from the day: