Aug 11, 2007, 09:16 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
They all have a "shift" which is another way of describing the polarity of the PPM stream.
IIRC it is only in the NA market that Futaba uses -ve shift.
For pretty much the rest of the world all radios are the same shift.

Pat MacKenzie
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2007, 10:34 AM
> They all have a "shift" which is another way of describing the polarity of the PPM
> stream.

But it's the "polarity" of the PPM stream in the FM "world", not necessarily the input to the module. The design of the module itself will determine which "polarity" of input creates postive or negative shift in the modulated RF signal.

Anyways, while we're talking about Airtronics... The Stylus has selectable shift.

- John
Aug 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
Groundloop World Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKos
>......
.....Anyways, while we're talking about Airtronics... The Stylus has selectable shift.

- John
Yes, as does the RD6000 and RD8000 and VISION (thank goodness)

Old_dude
Aug 11, 2007, 08:17 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKos
> They all have a "shift" which is another way of describing the polarity of the PPM
> stream.

But it's the "polarity" of the PPM stream in the FM "world", not necessarily the input to the module. The design of the module itself will determine which "polarity" of input creates postive or negative shift in the modulated RF signal.

Anyways, while we're talking about Airtronics... The Stylus has selectable shift.

- John
You are probably correct. I was thinking about the decoded PPM stream at the rcvr end. It is inverted if the "shifts" don't match.
I have also seen circuits to go between the encoder and the RF module to reverse the shift that were just inverters.
Likely the selectable shift radios also work this way, by inverting the signal going to the module.

Pat MacKenzie
Aug 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
Inciting Riots
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
I have also seen circuits to go between the encoder and the RF module to reverse the shift that were just inverters.
I put one of those in my 9C, it's just an XOR logic chip and seems to work fine in the Futaba radios, at least with GWS receivers. I haven't tried it with my JR receiver yet, but it should be fine.
Aug 12, 2007, 10:43 AM

Information support

Meng:
Thanks for your information and it is good for customers to have several manufacturers to choose from.

You told you are a comercial. Well, as you know, if a comercial donīt know technical information, uses to get it from the other department.

If you, and your company, want to sell, you have to give customers information required about the product, and specially, those tech infos to know if it is safe, and about legallity. And donīt forget the price.

So, please, as european customer, could your company certificate that product as compliant the ETSI EN 300 238 rules.
Aug 12, 2007, 10:52 AM

Fhss or DSSS

Meng:

It is very important for european users to know if your system is FHSS or another.

If it is a FHSS, the module could have 100mW, but, in other case, only 10 mW per 1Mhz.

You said that there are not only FHSS and DSSS, but, in Europe, the Law only makes diference about FHSS and the others.
Aug 12, 2007, 11:02 PM
Thread OP

X8 Vedio in Heli

thank you, guys.

i will try all my best.

here is the Vedio of X8 in Heli recently.

X8 2.4G in Heli (5 min 2 sec)

hope you like it.

best,

meng
Http://www.assan.cn
MSN&E-MAIL: sales@assan.cn
Aug 20, 2007, 08:24 AM
Holger Rusch
Updates?
Technical Data?
FCC, ETSI?
Aug 22, 2007, 05:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. YoMan
Updates?
Technical Data?
FCC, ETSI?
we have been get FCC Grantee Code.

we have upload the User Manual to our website.

meng

Aug 22, 2007, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN
we have been get FCC Grantee Code.

we have upload the User Manual to our website.

meng

From the manual:

Minimum voltage 4.2 volts.
System has to be re-bound each time the system is turned on.
No mention of what is lowest range acceptable during range test.
No failsafe, all channels stay at hold position on loss of signal.

Tony
Aug 22, 2007, 05:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTony
From the manual:

Minimum voltage 4.2 volts.
System has to be re-bound each time the system is turned on.
No mention of what is lowest range acceptable during range test.
No failsafe, all channels stay at hold position on loss of signal.

Tony
yes, we don't want the user take a low volatge battery to play.when the input voltage down below 4.5v,your servos' respect is slowly,it's dangerous for using,the best way is keep your battery full charge before your flying.
for the range test, we follow the traditional way, as you FM Tx.
Failsafe,all channels stay at last position is a failsafe way too.

best regards,

meng

MSN&E-MAIL:sales@assan.cn
Aug 22, 2007, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAN
yes, we don't want the user take a low volatge battery to play.when the input voltage down below 4.5v,your servos' respect is slowly,it's dangerous for using,the best way is keep your battery full charge before your flying.
for the range test, we follow the traditional way, as you FM Tx.
Failsafe,all channels stay at last position is a failsafe way too.

best regards,

meng

MSN&E-MAIL:sales@assan.cn
There is some concern with 2.4Ghz that low voltage will cause the receiver to stop working until the voltage rises when the receiver will start responding to the transmitter. If your receiver looses power then it will require re-pairng before responding to the transmitter. If there are 2 of your systems in use which transmitter will it pair to?

With 72Mhz systems the antenna is collapsed and then a range check is carried out. What is the equivalent for your system?

An aircraft flying at full power with no control cannot be considered to be Failsafe.

Tony
Aug 22, 2007, 09:20 AM
Inciting Riots
So, since you have an FCC ID, where can we buy them?

Having to bind them each time is kind of a pain, but if the price is good and they work well, something that a lot of people will learn to live with.
Aug 22, 2007, 03:29 PM
What are the dimensions of the recievers.

Gord.

Quick Reply