New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2007, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by trust416
Discussion

Air Hogs Plug n'Play Flight Deck Simulator

anyone else seen this? I never knew it even existed.

link to ebay item

to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2007, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by YakkityYak55
NO CABIN PRESSURE!!
ive seen it, its a target exclusive. It comes with a puch button standard computer gamepad, nothing special. With its it has some quite useful flight lessons, inluding flight basics and control reversal. With it you can simulate flight as a aero ace, denominator(whatever its called!) f-16, stormlauncher and the reflex. Overall its crap unless you are a total newbie.

All regards,

The name above Calvin
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by melcrose
I just bought two for 2.48 per on clearance there. Haven't tried them, though I hope they are worth 2.48.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by msnyder
Piles of 'em at Target. Bought one 6 months ago at $10, still haven't opened the package.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 12:06 PM
Find More Posts by tiguy99
Now you gotta open it! Do a review. Pleaseeeeee? I want to know as well bc I saw one here when I was on my Aero Ace manhunt earlier this week but was in too much of a hurry to read the package.

Whoever has it, would it be ok if someone did a mini review sometime this weekend?
Old Aug 04, 2007, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by ihor14448
its not a simulator, it does not simulate anything, its a game, booring game, i bought it because of the controller.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 01:48 PM
Find More Posts by churchrd
If you're looking for a simulator, you can download FMS for free. Just google it. You can even use a dual joystick game controller and somewhat get the feel of how things would work in real life. I've never tried the big spendy simulators. But i hear they are very helpful too. I've used FMS and it's helped me out flying my micro cessna.
I've never used this air hogs product either. Although i just saw a shelf full of them on clearance.
Old Aug 04, 2007, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by Machy2k
I give you a review, I have it,
I used to like playing it online, but these guys were just trying to sell plastic when they realeased it.
The main problem is I can't find the fullscreen mode, so it plays in a window impossibly small.
As a flight sim. if you play it five minutes it is enough..
I do not know what happened from the online version to the retail version, but it now sucks.
As for the controller, it may be woth it ( I never tried mine) as I already have Playstation type controllers conn. to my pc.
I doubt the controller is high quality, but if it works well that is a plus.
IMHO, They stopped caring about this product long before they released it!
You should not care either!
Someone else may have a more positive outlook though..
Old Aug 04, 2007, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Torx
so can the controller be used as a pc game controller for other games?
if so, i say its worth it for $3, lol
Old Aug 04, 2007, 08:54 PM
SO wait guys you're saying its a playstation type controller that you can use for pc games and it costs how much...2.48? if so I'm heading over to my local Target right now lol

Funny thing is I bought a PC game pad a month ago for 34.99 just like that one and returned it bc I felt I paid too much. If what you're saying is what I think it is, we just hit the jackpot
Old Aug 04, 2007, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by ihor14448
they cost 10$
Old Aug 04, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yes the cool thing about this control pad is that it is a USB playstation type of pad,I doubt it has vibration, but it could.
Also a well kept secret is the toys at Ross Stores they always have a selection of controllers cheap I got the Revolution Playstation controller for $3.99 and on it the buttons and joysticks are configurable (you can pit them in any other position)
and the controller has a quality feel about it.. I will post pics if you guys want to see it.(I got them to use for robotics).
So, the airhogs Controller is usb so that makes it a bargain,
The other playstation controllers you need a USb adapter for them.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by UAVPilot
Foam Floats Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy2k
The main problem is I can't find the fullscreen mode, so it plays in a window impossibly small.
Right click on the screen and a option for full screen will pop up, but the frame around it doesn't get much bigger

There use to be a F3 key function that gave you a standing still point of view, Like you would be if you where really flying from one spot. Made it fell more realistic. But I don't know if that function still works or not.
Old Aug 05, 2007, 11:08 AM
I'll try that UAV; I still have it installed on my laptop pc..
L8r...
Old Aug 05, 2007, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor14448
they cost 10$
Ok! Time to head over to Target. They got them on clearence here for 2.48 a pop! I'll rack up about 3-4