Dec 04, 2002, 08:41 PM
Inbox is almost full
Carlos,

So your saying that out of all your planes. You like the Beaver the best?

If not, which plane would you said is you favorite plane out of the ones you own?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2002, 08:42 PM
Inbox is almost full

Re: Re: Bought the GWS P-51D but, Beaver is the Best!

Quote:
Originally posted by boris02
hey carlos;

do this little trick
1/ close your eyes
2/ take a deep breath
3/ try to spell GWS

so you can shine up our day bedide all of those monotone boring posts

and I will give you another trick next time. It will be more fun
lol
Dec 05, 2002, 01:42 AM
Account closed
Thread OP

Sorry Leslie

Hey Sorry Leslie,

For some reason I thought you posted the three steps to get a trick and it was boris, go figure, guess my eye sight is going by building too many planes and up late night....LOL!

The Super Piper is one of my best planes, it's light and very responsive and with the EPS-300C-CS, it's very fast as well. No it doesn't have ailerons but, the thing flys inverted for a few seconds when I kick the rudder and elevator hard after a snap roll. It's a fun plane!

The Beaver comes in second because of it's realistic slow flying characteristics and it's able to do loops but, it's so big and wide FUSE that it's not as fun as the Piper.

The ZERO gets my knees shaking and lots of excitment but, I had lots of bad flying experience with this model which I finally overcame after so many repairs and researching why...

Okay, have a nice evening/moring!

Carlos
Apr 01, 2011, 03:12 PM

Light systems

Hi Guys,
Sorry to bring up old posts,
I,m new to R/C models and learning something new every time I visit this forum
I am trying to research a supplier of a navigation lighting system for my E-flight DHC-2 Beaver,
I was reading this thread on first few pages and found reference to "Curtek light systems" ,
Unfortunately the link goes to a page that says the company is no longer trading ,
Have any of you guys found another supplier of lighting systems or know of any links I should try,
I just want navigation lights and switchable landing lights like the ones on the beaver in this thread and Curteks web page,
Dont need anything too complex just yet
I,m based in UK but I,m happy to pay postage and wait for overseas parcels if you have a local supplier to you,
regards Noel
Apr 01, 2011, 05:28 PM
Gloves are awkward
Hello Nomad welcome to RC Groups. Ive used these lights from Robotbirds - there based in the UK and i have shopped with them many times, very good service -

http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=5385

They plug into a spare channel on your receiver and can be turned on or off via your transmitter.

Good luck and post some pics of your build, we love pics here
Nov 24, 2016, 09:02 AM
Right Rudder

Flying at the High School Band / Flag Practice Surface!

Guys,

It was just a spectacular morning in Central Florida (Orlando, Florida)!

Took out my GWS Beaver with the Mega 16/15/8-Turn and swinging the APC 10 X 6 Prop Slow Flyer and using both the Admiral (MotionRC) 2-Cell, 800mAH, Lithium Polymer and the Thunder Power 2-Cell, 1320mAH, Lithium Polymer packs.

Fooling around and close to the ground I was able to command the Beaver on a touch & go in a circular pattern and the result a one Wheel Touch & Go!

Thanks to Gerry (simano) for the fantastic capture picture!

Nov 24, 2016, 09:03 AM
Right Rudder

More pictures from the High School Band / Flag Practice Surface!

Some additional pictures of the Beaver!

Oh, this model was put together in 2004.

Nov 24, 2016, 09:05 AM
Right Rudder

At the RC Club with very Windy and Gusty Conditions!

A Little GWS Beaver Action from today!

This model is magnificent once you add some needed wing e-reinforcements!

Following VIDEO shows this model flying in very windy and gusty conditions and thank goodness for the Aluminum wing tube !

Video!

GWS Beaver 11 23 2016 (5 min 29 sec)
Aug 25, 2020, 08:46 AM
Right Rudder

Improvements - GWS Beaver with Mega 16/15/8-turn

Guys,

Okay, it has been just too long (Almost 4 long years!).

Got the GWS Beaver down from hanging and went through it and found a couple of items that needed attention.

1. Elevator Push Rod was discovered to be very thin and on UP Elevator commanding the wire was observed to bend something terrible.
2. Since I took OFF the wing assembly to obverse (item 1.), I noticed that the wing MID-SPAN JOINER lacked any glue.

I solved item (1.) by replacing the Elevator Push Rod with a thicker and yes, slightly heaver Elevator Push Rod that didn't deflect any!

Additionally, the Elevator Plastic Clevis is a threaded on the thicker Elevator Push Rod so, adjustment are easy and the use of Fuel Tubing was used to secure the Clevis into the Elevator horn.

I am very pleased that the Elevator now provides very good amount of UP Elevator and it is no wonder that I had to prepare before time for flair on final as the thinner (Former) Elevator push rod wire was bending something terrible.

I am excited to fly this model again!

I have ordered some new 2-Cell, 800mAH batteries, 35C for it and can't wait!
Sep 10, 2020, 01:33 PM
Right Rudder

Beaver Takes to the Sky - Again!

Guys,

This time, I didn't forget my beloved GWS Beaver with the Mega 16/15/8-turn Brushless in-runner Power System.

This is by far my 2nd best True Park Flyer RC Airplane model that is majestic and relaxing to fly.

Video from this morning!

GWS Beaver Mega 16 15 8 turn Brushless 09 10 2020 (3 min 30 sec)
Sep 10, 2020, 04:15 PM
Or current resident
Nice. looks like a nice relaxing flyer. Cool flying site too except that lump of stuff in the way. Looked like you were going to hit it with your Moth.
I finally snagged a Beaver kit and a set of GWS floats for it. I need to put it together and fly it off the canal I live on. Does it look like I have enough room?
Glenn
Sep 10, 2020, 06:02 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by glewis
Nice. looks like a nice relaxing flyer. Cool flying site too except that lump of stuff in the way. Looked like you were going to hit it with your Moth.
I finally snagged a Beaver kit and a set of GWS floats for it. I need to put it together and fly it off the canal I live on. Does it look like I have enough room?
Glenn
Glenn,

Thanks for paying attention closely to my Video! So sorry about the abrupt movements as it was recorded on my Nikon Point and Shoot Camera and the stabilization sucks!

It has been raining lots over here in Orlando, Florida and you perhaps noticed the miniature ponds on the large asphalt parking area! Also, there are some loose Asphalt pieces around from some teenagers that came to camp and started some camp fire!

To answer your question about your place, wow! You would obviously need floats and that creature at the end of the pier / dock (shaggy) can retrieve your model in case it tips over?
Sep 10, 2020, 07:53 PM
Or current resident
Lots of rain over here in Tampa too. On Thursday evenings I take my vintage VW to the beach to meet up with fellow VW enthusiasts. Got rained out the past 2 weeks.
Buddy is too small to get out of the water and on the dock. He fell in twice so far and lucky I was able to rescue him. I'm putting up a fence to keep him safe. Stupid dog....
Started a campfire on the asphalt? That wasn't too smart. Guess your old Home Depot flying site is long gone now?
Sep 10, 2020, 08:50 PM
Right Rudder
Quote:
Originally Posted by glewis
Lots of rain over here in Tampa too. On Thursday evenings I take my vintage VW to the beach to meet up with fellow VW enthusiasts. Got rained out the past 2 weeks.
Buddy is too small to get out of the water and on the dock. He fell in twice so far and lucky I was able to rescue him. I'm putting up a fence to keep him safe. Stupid dog....
Started a campfire on the asphalt? That wasn't too smart. Guess your old Home Depot flying site is long gone now?
Yes, unfortunately!

It was a large piece of property that anyone could use and allowed to use back 2002 - 2007 up until they sold it (Approximately 14 acres) and the West Mall of Waterford Lakes was constructed.

During the mornings on Saturdays & Sundays we had about 22 cars and later in the late afternoon another 21 cars showed up to fly RC.

It was just amazing and lots of friendships had been made.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Squad-Pictures

There is still a patch of field in between two buildings that remind me of the good old Home Depot Flying Site.
Last edited by PittSpecial; Sep 10, 2020 at 08:56 PM.
Sep 10, 2020, 09:40 PM
Right Rudder
A few GWS Beaver pictures from this morning!
Last edited by PittSpecial; Sep 11, 2020 at 04:40 AM.

Quick Reply