Mar 31, 2010, 09:02 PM
Chillin till SEFF
I really would like to find a kit version. It was my first RC kit build with my Dad. Would be awesome to recreate that first one in the same scheme and take Pops out to the field
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2020, 12:50 PM
Just picked one up used from my hobby shop, converted to electric, back in the day my dad flew one, on an RCM digitro radio, his was 3 channel RET mines 4 channel
May 10, 2020, 07:06 PM
I saw a Falcon 56 for sale on Ebay in the last day or so. I have the remains of a fit from my bud. He built the plane and saved all the die stamp sheets and plans and instructions so he could cut out another plane. Instead he gave it to me. If I ever get inspired (doubtful) I may build one.
Oct 23, 2020, 03:14 PM

Just a "quick one"...a thread about scratchbuilding a Falcon 56 from plans!

Dear Fellow Falcon 56 Lovers:

The PIPE Here...many here might have missed an entire thread from eight years ago, when one Crist Rigotti here at RCG posted a thread that started in 2012, about scratchbuilding a Falcon 56 from the plans (findable at Outerzone to this day)...

...when he "finished it up" by the onset of the summer of 2015, and then FLEW it with a vintage American-made radio that had been "resto-modded" with modern 21st century electronics and a 13cm band/2.4 GHz "RF power team", courtesy of FrSky ("DHT homebrew deck" for the Tx, like the quartet I've got in storage for future needs) to get the signals to the Falcon, he'd found he had a true "blast-from-the-past"...

...the ONLY things I'd do differently with that same airframe, would be to use a Saito FA-40a four-stroke engine in the Falcon 56's nose, and one of my Gordon Anderson-encodered six-meter band, MicroStar 2000 KNOBBY radios!

Crist's thread starts HERE at RCG...enjoy the read!

Yours Sincerely,
The PIPE....!!
Last edited by The PIPE; Nov 03, 2020 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply