Old Mar 07, 2013, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orem_Aeronut View Post
I have a question for anyone who can answer it. The Voltec metal gear servos that i ordered as part of the ipas pro package have all developed a kind of scratchy sound when they move. They have about 120+ flights on them. Is it time to replace them, or do i just need to replace the one nylon gear that they each have, which is driven by the servo motor? do i need to replace all the gears? Any insight would really be appreciated. Thanks.
Move them by hand, if they move soft and nothing strange they should be fine....
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2013, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by Geir1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
TGY D3632 1200 kv http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_1200kv.html
run HK 929MG servo's with PA servo horn extensions,30A HK esc and Turnigy 25C 1800 lipo
Thank you. I have a T20 in my Addy, but are planing on building a sbach442 in a bigger scale and are looking for a motor for it.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:05 AM
Find More Posts by p91304
Fly Till You Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfoo83 View Post
This is my first 3d and I'm guessing it flys well. I'm trying to learn to hover and can't seem to get it.
Here's some tips:

The lighter the airplane the easier it is to hover so try a lighter battery.

Use the Wood Vox 12 x 4 or 11 x 3.8 APC prop.

Balance it on the two little holes in the balsa wood on the wing.

Practice hovering on low wind days.

Practice bringing the airplane towards you inverted with the wind at your back and then bringing it up at an angle.

It's easier to hover the airplane closer than far away.

High expo makes the airplane hover less jerky.

Use quick throttle blips when your rudder losses authority to gain control.

If you feel you are losing control drop the airplane back to a 45 degree angle so your rudder will be more effective.

Don't panic.

Practice, practice, practice, practice.

Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Calm Green (11 min 4 sec)

Hover Crazy (5 min 29 sec)
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by Reef_rc
here's a hovering warm-up that isn't as great as p91304 This was my first flight early this morning and I just had to chuckle when I chip the prop. As they say, practice, practice, practice

Reef-RC Precision Aerobatic Easy Hover before silly ooppss (chip prop) (5 min 0 sec)
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:10 PM
Here's today's first flight and 2nd flight with hand catch just morning hovering warm-up....this time without chipping the prop unlike yesterday . Winds were slightly more breezy than I like but suitable for hover at least to an extent.

Reef-RC Precision Aerobatic Easy Hover First Flight of the Morning1-2 (6 min 12 sec)

Reef-RC Precision Aerobatic Easy Hover 2nd Flight of the Morning with Hand Catch (6 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Reef_rc; Mar 31, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:13 PM
Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
I'm torquing to you!
Still windy though. It's good you doing it in wind like that you will find it much easier when you get calm conditions. But you are brave doing it over all of that concrete!
Old Mar 31, 2013, 03:29 PM
Winds were definitely not as calm. Calm winds are hard to come by lately with spring and all.

This morning another pilot was flying his plane over the main field and so I made due. It was either this or gravel. The Addiction and Addiction X does make one "brave"r than one really is
Old Apr 01, 2013, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
3D Enthusiast
I've found that i really like windy days lately. With a good 10mph wind, I can practice rolling harriers that just drop straight down. For someone like me, who is still mastering the basics with this plane, it's just amazing to know I made it happen, instead of the guy on the video
Old Apr 01, 2013, 01:40 AM
Find More Posts by p91304
Fly Till You Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_rc View Post
Winds were definitely not as calm. Calm winds are hard to come by lately with spring and all.

This morning another pilot was flying his plane over the main field and so I made due. It was either this or gravel. The Addiction and Addiction X does make one "brave"r than one really is
Nice hand catch, that concrete make me really nervous I think it would effect my zen. Grass is much more calming.
Old Apr 04, 2013, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
It’s that time of the year again and the greatest R/C show in the US is ON this weekend 5th 6th and 7th of April
We are offering a special discount at the show, and on our website
during those dates. 10% discount throughout the weekend!

use coupon code Toledo13 on our website
from Friday morning to Sunday night
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2013, 08:10 PM
thx p91304. Sometimes I had to make due with what's available. I just look at it as an opportunity for improvement (to not crash on concrete ).

Finally had a chance to fly in calmer weather earlier this morning just before the winds picked up. Had 2 flights and video them. Here are some footage from 2 flights this morning.

Reef RC - PA Addiction Touch N Go Hovering Practice (6 min 6 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p91304 View Post
Nice hand catch, that concrete make me really nervous I think it would effect my zen. Grass is much more calming.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by Orem_Aeronut
3D Enthusiast
Nice low hovers! Its pretty rare that i'm brave enough to be tappin the rudder like that. Looks like you got it down really well.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:43 PM
thx Orem_Aeronut. It's kinda fun for those calm days. I like the sounds of tall grass/weeds hitting the rudder here and there. I find if something does happen, typically it isn't that bad since you're already so low to the ground anyway.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 02:24 PM
Find More Posts by chop stiX
how'd I do that....oh
Nothing fancy,but here's a short clip demonGti snapped a couple of months ago while I was playing in the wind(didn't know he was filming)no editing
A lil wind fun (1 min 18 sec)
Old Apr 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
I'm torquing to you!
Nice. The Addictions are great fun to fly in wind.