Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 09, 2016, 08:14 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydaking
You said the Transmitter has 4 cable in, one of those being serial in. Is it theoretically possible to connect that to a pc com port and then send serial data to the Transmitter in order to control a quadrocopter?
If so, how would I know which data to send in order to (for example) simulate a stick left or stick right movement?

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Yes you can use a PC to generate the serial data.
This guy did it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795752

He used a wii remote to control a heli. Follow the links for details.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2016, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
Yes you can use a PC to generate the serial data.
This guy did it:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795752

He used a wii remote to control a heli. Follow the links for details.
Cool thanks. But for any other particular remote control, how do i know the type of data i have to send to the RF Transceiver?
Is there a general standart for this? Like first channel is always rudder, second channel is yaw etc..

I have also heard of a project called CompuFly (they are also selling hardware components for this use case). They are claiming to provide an open source application for this type of use, however i wasnt able to find it yet.
Aug 13, 2016, 12:46 AM
Registered Abuser
I just pulled out the ol' HP6DSM today wanting to give this another shot. I am currently looking over the latest code with sub trims and range check but still figuring it out.

Is there anyway to change the input from PPM to simple analog inputs?

Something like
int analogPin = 0;
for (byte i=0; i<DSM2_CHANNELS; i++) { // get receiver data
DSM2_Channel[i*2] = analogRead(analogPin);
analogPin++;
}
sendDSM2();

I figure the analog values would have to be mapped to match microseconds instead though.

If this works, you could very easily build your own DSM2 radio
Aug 13, 2016, 06:08 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
You will need to map the analog inputs to microseconds.
There are servo tester sketches that show how to do the mapping for a single channel

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Knob.
Sep 07, 2016, 01:52 AM
Hello, I hope someone can help me .

I've installed a transmitter module Orange Futaba in a Kopropo EX1Mars .

The Pin's are soldered as described herein .

Now my problem .

I can not tie Orange DSM2 receiver . The flashes on the receiver to go from fast to slow the binding process is not completed .

In all 4 possible modes .

Now the koriose . A Redcon DSM2 receiver I can bind easily connected servos function properly.
Sep 12, 2016, 05:16 AM
No one can help me?
Sep 19, 2016, 05:08 PM

apprentice 15e and rangelink lrs incl. SAFE ;-)

hi

since fall in love with my apprentice by flying fpv (350m), first thing i did was to upgrade my rtf dx5e with 8db sector patch antenna. after 700 m i am getting first failsafe circels.

i also have a mx20 and rage link lrs.

my idea now is to install the rangelinkRX in to apprentice and hook up the dx5e DSM TX module to rangelinks ppm out.

Pro

increasing range

still having the SAFE funktionality

7 aux channels onbord (cam switch, osd trigger, etc)

????

Contra

Delay, Jitter, or ???

what are you thinking ??

just ordered some arduinos pro minis 328 because they are so cheep 😎