Jul 31, 2008, 03:24 PM
Inciting Riots
Which radios?

I managed to get several old AM modules for little money which gave me a few to use, but more may not be a bad idea.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2008, 04:06 PM
VE7FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcross
Hi guys,
I'll have a LP5DSM on the way to me soon. I eventually want to use my Optic 6 with this module mod. Since Hitech modules fit Futaba I think this will work, anyone know of a reason it won't work?
Thanks,
Mike
Absolutely, you should build it!
Jul 31, 2008, 10:52 PM
For Sale-everything over 250 g
It's looking like a module will cost almost what the radio is costing. I'll have to check at the club, maybe I can talk someone that went to 2.4 out of their old module.
Aug 01, 2008, 09:13 AM
Inciting Riots
Keep track of ebay, sometimes you can pick up the Futaba FM modules for $10, maybe get the Hitec modules for the same or less. The new Hitec modules go for $25 at Servo City.
Aug 01, 2008, 01:26 PM
I won a futaba 27mhz car module for $12. Maybe that's what Salat is talking about? I'll let you know if it fits when I get it.
Aug 01, 2008, 07:35 PM
Inciting Riots
Depending what radio it came from, yes it will fit. I forget the exact models, but there are a few that have the same module.
Aug 01, 2008, 07:42 PM
VE7FM
3PJ, 3PK, 3UCP I do believe. I am sure there are is a newer 2 stick radio as well.
Aug 01, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'm getting a FP-TJ-FM on 27mHz, it didn't say what tx it was from. I did some checking and it looks like it's the right one. I found it right after reading VI's post with 14 minutes left in the auction, thanks VI!
Aug 01, 2008, 11:29 PM
VE7FM
Yeppers, the plastic case from that module will work fine. If you wanna get fancy like mine turn the crystal port into a programming interface.
Aug 02, 2008, 11:37 AM
Trying To Takeoff
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380036625451
Radios like that. I know almost nothing about worldwide market of car radios, but I can confirm that this radio has module same as Futaba (fits T9CAP). It may be rebadged Futaba or something. This TX is relatively expensive because it is new and RTR, but I have seen cheaper used TXs from RTR cars sold for less than $10.
Kostya
Aug 02, 2008, 11:48 AM
Trying To Takeoff
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-FUTABA-72-MHz-...QQcmdZViewItem
hehe. ebay worth trying.
K.
Aug 07, 2008, 05:21 PM
Got my FP-TJ-FM module today, fits perfectly (upside down) into my Optic 6. LP5DSM tx should be here tomorrow or Sat. I was hoping to use the tx as is for now but I need elevons and there is some question about whether or not it works so I'll start on a programmer for the AVR tommorrow.
Aug 23, 2008, 03:36 PM
HI from ITALY
hello!
I'm new inthis tread and may be I'm offtopic, but, what about to use the 2.4ghz module inside the kyosho minium series tx?

it is a separated module, connected thru stripes of golden terminals soldered on both circuits.

anyone have seen this?

the purpose of my question is: may I use this module to be able to control the micro receiver used on the small cessna centurion, with this module plugged somehow into my hitec optic6 or eclipse?

thanks
Aug 23, 2008, 03:57 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
I looked at the Minium module.
It is not as simple to do.
Unlike the LP5 it does not have a processor. The RF module is only the nRF24L01
The main processor (the one that reads the sticks) does everything, so you would have to figure everything out.

Pat MacKenzie
Aug 31, 2008, 02:14 AM
VE7FM
I checked out the Vapor transmitter this evening which appears to have the same DSM2 module inside of it that the LP5DSM uses.
So far the data is almost the same, it looks like they changed the header from "00 00" to "40 00"

I'll keep poking around at it.