Jan 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
Sudden Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinweihung
I have any one make DX4e module works?
Look up earlier in the thread or use search, I think I saw X1TXO was used successfully.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 16, 2012, 12:20 PM
ah okay. i will see when it works in a few days.
Jan 16, 2012, 06:57 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
With the Dx4e module if you want to take advantage of its full range power you need to change the header from 0x00 0x00 to 0x18 0x00.
Using 0x00 0x00 will put you in "France" mode which has lower power output.

Bind and range test mode is also a bit different. Details were posted earlier.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=309

I have confirmed that what he posted is correct, and it has been implemented in the ER9X firmware .

Also implemented is model match per this post
I could not get the part with alternate data packets going to different receivers to work, but perhaps this only works with the "Orange" receivers he used?
I tried with two AR61xx and also with AR6115/AR8000 in DSMX mode.

11msec frame rate for AR8000 does work however, and the MCPx also works at the higher rate.

Pat MacKenzie
Jan 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
Pat,

France mode is EU power level, but does not transmit on the top of the band (French military still uses that part).

Andy
Jan 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Old retired Electronics Fart
My question is . If your feeding the Arduino min Pro with 3.5volts into the RAW. It hard to see that the output of the board would be 3.3volts.
Have you checked the output to see the Vcc voltage is?

If its to low the Arduino will cause problems.
The Spec. for the MIC5205 is the input has to be at least one volt more than its output voltage to hold regulation.

just some info.

CharlesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfFear
my first mod was an old spektrum DX2 (has the same spektrum modul how the DX2.0) with broken housing.
i've seperate the module and put it to an other FM transmitter (named modelcraft.3ch 40Mhz FM ground radio)

i have only mesaured with an multimeter the 3 pins, vcc, gnd and signal.
so i've got the battery voltage, gnd and an lower voltage, i mean 9v or something and think, yes, this must be the ppm.
however, it works fine and i'm happy
up to the day my ex girlfriend drive with a car over it accidentally at a Race...

and yes, germany are the land of stupid rules -.-
2,4Ghz TX maximum output are 100mw

the rest is this:
27Mhz for all models:
04 26.995 MHz - 30 27.255 MHz

35 MHz only for airmodels:
61 35.010 MHz - 80 35.200 MHz

Bereich 40 MHz:
Channels 50 - 53 for all models.
Channels 54 – 59 und 81 – 92 for all models but not airmodels.
50 40.665 MHz - 92 40.985 MHz

however..

the actualy TX module is from this transmitter

and i "noobly" think, hm, with the help from pmackenzie and the code from c2po it can only works fine
i can't mesaure the kopropo by myself because i have no oszilloscope, only a multimeter and my eyes.

by the way, i have a littlebit paintjob made for the circuit (based from o2po's circuit)
the 12Kohm resistor is right placed ?
Jan 17, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Pat,

France mode is EU power level, but does not transmit on the top of the band (French military still uses that part).

Andy
So same power then. Others had said it was lower, but I will take your word for it

But just to be clear, is EU power level the same as North American?
I ask because "France" mode is shown in the manual for the DX4e, but nothing about EU power level.

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
Jan 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
Hi, C2PO,

Thanks, the code is correct, and it does work with the module in DX4e, my problem come down to happen only with DS-10G, where the PPM frame rate is 24ms, even it only send out 8 channels.

I have the code works with 3PK with frame rate at 14ms, and Pat has it works at 11ms, I'm thinking how to send out additional Serial command in mid of 24ms...
I think the timing need to be take cared, since PPM decode using interrupt, if I use another timer interrupt for it, one of them could get wrong data some time.

Hi, Pat,

I have checked the header my Dx4e sent, it's 18 00 for normal operation, 98 00 for binding, exactly the same as your link.
Jan 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinc29
I've made some tests with a LP4DSM module, it's only 6 channel but it has the 'model match' capacity.
The second byte is used to give the model number.
I've tested with 3 orange/spektrum receivers, it works just as fine as with my dx6i.
And for information, it can bind up to 256 different receivers

I've also tested some more fun: I send one frame every 11ms but alternate the model, I'm able to control 2 receivers with differents orders at the same time.
=> You can build some very large models with lot of servos/motors for very cheap, you only need 6 channels receivers.
Hi, Vince,

How do you do with the 2nd byte for model matching?

Send out different 2nd byte when binding?
Jan 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinweihung
Hi, Vince,

How do you do with the 2nd byte for model matching?

Send out different 2nd byte when binding?
Yes, just make the second byte something other than 0x00.
Not just during bind, but all the time.

It works with the DX4e module, but did not work with my LP modules.

As far as your 24 msec problem, you will have to keep your interrupt handlers fast so they can both be serviced as required. Do the important stuff right away, then enable the other interrupt so it can be processed if it has to.

Pat MacKenzie
Jan 18, 2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie
So same power then. Others had said it was lower, but I will take your word for it

But just to be clear, is EU power level the same as North American?
I ask because "France" mode is shown in the manual for the DX4e, but nothing about EU power level.

Thanks,

Pat MacKenzie
I don't know about the DX4e, but in most of our radios EU and US are very different power levels. It could be that the DX4e is always EU power levels, I just don't know.

Andy
Jan 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Sudden Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles B
My question is . If your feeding the Arduino min Pro with 3.5volts into the RAW. It hard to see that the output of the board would be 3.3volts.
Have you checked the output to see the Vcc voltage is?
Yep, it works just fine, specs for MIC5205 say very low dropout voltage (typically 17mV at light loads and 165mV at 150mA), Arduino Mini Pro consumes about 10-15mA so having 200mV for dropout is totally fine, I've measured voltages several times with the scope and digital voltmeter.
My idea was to feed the Tx with a bit more than 3.3V but still withing specs, but also have a separate regulation stage for a clean power for Arduino using it's internal reg.
I guess you can just use external 3.3V reg and power Arduino through the VCC, it should work fine also.
Jan 18, 2012, 09:30 PM
Yes, "that" Karl...
Success!! I got it working a couple days ago after fighting with it.

First, I tried running an ATmega328 at 3.3v and 16Mhz. It was intermittent in whether it would work or not. If it would boot, it would control the mCPx properly, if it didn't boot, the board from the LP5DSM wouldn't light up.

I tried just putting an 8Mhz crystal on the chip, but learned real quick about the different bootloaders needed for different Arduino boards. Then I had to learn how to burn the bootloader using my USBasp which isn't directly supported with the Arduino IDE as it comes.

Once I got the right bootloader installed and the program uploaded (Spektrum Module V2), I found that the sticks did not control the channels I anticipated. This made for some interesting flight attempts. I looked back at the first software from c2po and discovered that the channel order had been changed in the newer version of the code I was trying. I changed the channel order back and away I went.

I don't have a lot of flights on the heli, but it works pretty good. I get a little delay with super fast and large channel movements such as flipping on throttle hold. Could this be the Arduino code thinking that it is a bad frame because of the huge movement that it may not expect?

BTW, I'm using an Aurora 9 with PPM/n modulation feeding into the custom module.
Jan 18, 2012, 10:11 PM
Mexia Izonfia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I don't know about the DX4e, but in most of our radios EU and US are very different power levels. It could be that the DX4e is always EU power levels, I just don't know.

Andy
I found the DX4e manual on Horizon Hobbies site. It looks like there is a "France" RF setting. If you look at other pages it appears you can select DSM2 or DSMX in a similar manner.

Joel
Jan 19, 2012, 03:31 PM
so, my audrino board and the breakout board is here. fine fine

i want to compiling the pde file but i get an error

Quote:
error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
My OS:
Win7 64Bit
Audrino 1.0

and now ? i have absolutly no idea
Jan 19, 2012, 07:21 PM