Jun 23, 2001, 06:19 PM
Thread OP

Converting the Eco to an 8mm Main shaft?

Has anyone though about doing this. I've been looking around at the prices of other swashplates for other Heli's. They seem to be considerably cheaper than the Ikarus aluminum one. Also the mixer arms are a lot cheaper too. Doesn't look that hard. You'd have to enlarge the hole in the rotor head. Get two new bearings. Not sure what to do about the Auto rotation gear.

Maybe you could put a sleeve in the 8mm swashplate to fit the 6mm shaft. I don't know seems possible. I think the simplest way would be to put a sleeve in the swashplate itself. What's your thoughts?

Foxtrot
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2001, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
I emailed Quick UK about a swashplate for a 6mm shaft. They do not currently have one. But showed an interest in maybe manufacturing one. Maybe this could be the start of something good for us Eco owners. Aftermarket parts from someone other than Ikarus would be great. I have no problems with Ikarus. Just wish I had an alternative for parts.

An 8mm swashplate from Quick Uk is 42.51 Euro. That's $36.43 US acourding to here http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

Quick Reply