This thread is privately moderated by Angela H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 30, 2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Thread OP
Discussion

RCGroups.com Author of the Week - Tram!

I know I've said it before, but I am so very proud of our authors. When I stepped into this position I had no idea who I would be dealing with, and they all have been nothing but fun and fantastic to work with.

I'll be blogging profiles of these awesome guys over the next few weeks so you can get to know them too. In fact, their fellow authors are the interviewers here, asking the questions of the featured reviewer.

Jeff Williams aka Tram here on RCGroups is a most interesting cat. He's admittedly happily married, makes his living as a pilot and is a Southern boy living in Alabama. Get him talking, and all sorts of interesting things come out! (And yes, I forgive you Jeff for being too young for Springsteen).

What do you do for non-RC related fun where you live? I like to kayak, play the occasional golf game, go off-roading, camp. Most of the typical "southern boy" outdoorsy stuff..

The food you can't live without is: Typical Southern BBQ meal.. Pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, sweet tea. If I were on death row, this would be my "last meal."

What planes do you fly in real life? Currently on the CRJ-200. My father and I own an RV-6 and a Cessna 172..

What kind of car do you drive? 2000 Pontiac Trans Am. Lightly modified.

What is your current favorite RC vehicle? Oh wow. Good question. Currently, I am having a blast with my HyperFlea, but EDFs are my main focus.

How many planes do you currently have flying? 9.

How many kits do you have waiting to be built? Not as many as I used to. I think it is easily 20+ though.

What is your favorite musician or group? Group would have to be 311.. Single musician would have to be Johnny Cash..

How did you get into this hobby? My pops had a Sig Kavalier when I was a kid. I always loved that airplane.

What do you Google most? Oh man. All the random stuff that crosses my head. I think the last thing I googled was "What is the 268th day of 2008?"" Google didn't know, so I had to get old skool and do the math - September 24th, which is a Wednesday.

What was your 1st RC plane? EZ Bee 2. Cox .049. Got if for Christmas one year. Flew the soup out of it with my pops.

Foam or balsa? Balsa..

What the heck is that thing in your avatar and eversomuch why? It's a goat. with a gutter pipe on his head. Why not?

Left or right hand pattern? Depends on the winds.

Best excuse you ever told someone as to why you invest in this hobby? My wife knows I won't be out gallavanting around at night lookin' for women. I'd rather be at home with a box of balsa.

How long have you been in the hobby and what was your first real RC vehicle? A little over 13 years I would guess. First "real" RC bird was an Aircore 40 Trainer with an OS .46 FX motor..

What was your greatest personal RC accomplishment? So far, it's been to get my pops back on the sticks. I am currently repairing and converting an airplane he had when I was 2 years old and we are going to fly it together. That will be my greatest RC accomplishment..

What would you like to see happen in the future of the hobby? Ooh, good question.. I'd like to see large electrics become as viable as nitro planes..

As a author what was your favorite review and why? Hmm. I think maybe my favorite review was the Sport Jet review, that joker is a lot of fun to fly. Plus, my review pics became the manual! It's sorta neat to order a kit and the manual shows up with your pictures in it..

What have been the most innovative RC products or companies you've done reviews for or purchased products from? I'd say some of the EPP stuff ike the Hyperflea. I mean, the guys took a chunk of foam, made it fly and made it pretty much uncrunchable. That rocks.

In relation to RC, what would you like to be doing within the next 5 years? Well, let's see, hopefully I will still be an author here and flying cool planes. However, I'd really like to learn CAD, so when I say "Man, it'd be nice to have a Mig 21 EDF or a Martin Mariner float plane" I can just sit down and try to design one.
Last edited by Angela H; Aug 01, 2007 at 05:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2007, 09:42 AM
Admin Deluxe
Tram
I always pictured you as an older guy.
Aug 06, 2007, 07:15 PM
No Guts, No Glory
Tram is cool, he has helped me out a lot
Aug 06, 2007, 08:25 PM
Closed Account
yea jeff is awesome!
Aug 06, 2007, 08:50 PM