Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by roballoba, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 22, 2013, 12:54 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
HF being Hydro floric acid? nasty
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2013, 01:32 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
abletowinginc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflaguy View Post
HF being Hydro floric acid? nasty
so are you saying thats toxic? lol jk
Jan 22, 2013, 01:41 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
The concentrations in the smoke are probably pretty low but it is very nasty.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002499.htm
Jan 22, 2013, 01:47 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
abletowinginc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
The concentrations in the smoke are probably pretty low but it is very nasty.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002499.htm
trust me it scratches ur throat burns ur eyes a bit.and that was outside couldnt imagine in a garage or similar
Jan 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by abletowinginc View Post
so are you saying thats toxic? lol jk
It is used to etch glass. You store it in wax coated bottles. Nasty. Not good to inhale.

Like the man said thought, low concentrations.
Jan 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
The concentrations in the smoke are probably pretty low but it is very nasty.
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/002499.htm
So when are you coming out to KMS for some flight time?
Jan 22, 2013, 04:11 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
I thought that was closed to flying and 99 other fun activities.
Jan 22, 2013, 04:24 PM
Registered User
Jimbo45cn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlThuban View Post
Are they safe for standard trash disposal (once fully discharged)? I thought they were supposed to be "hazardous waste" like lead-acid batteries, or lesser so alkalines.
C
Yes, once Fully discharged just toss in the trash.
Jan 22, 2013, 04:27 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
I thought that was closed to flying and 99 other fun activities.
Disregard some of the signs. Electric is tolerated. Quite popular on the weekends. I fly AM Wednesdays. Afternoons when we don't have weather like today. If you can be available for career day we can always use someone.
Jan 22, 2013, 05:40 PM
Space Coast USA
hoppy's Avatar
I'll see what the weather is like and what the gang has scheduled.
Jan 23, 2013, 09:03 AM
Registered User
AlThuban's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo45cn View Post
Yes, once Fully discharged just toss in the trash.
Thanks for the answers guys. That "green" side of me kicks in once in a while.

Re HF: Season 1 of Breaking Bad. It eats calcium, enamel, rock (in higher concentrations of course).. Not the best for you and much better outside than inside the house.
Jan 31, 2013, 01:58 PM
Registered User
Good info
Feb 04, 2013, 01:30 PM
Brakes? Who Needs Brakes?
I have found that all batteries are dangerous but Li-po seem to be more so... thanks for the great info
Feb 05, 2013, 07:35 PM
Registered User
smitty919's Avatar
So i take care not to ever leave a battery charging if I'm not in the room...

Tonight i just got a Leary feeling about my battery's just sitting...
I store them in a plastic toolbox so i rubber banded all the battery wires to each battery tonight thinking oh man what if two battery's touched opposite wires i could have a bomb in my house Oh and yep in that toolbox is about 15 3s 2200mah battery's so it now sits outside till i can find some big metal box to keep them in....
Feb 07, 2013, 01:39 PM
It wasn't me...
DanSavage's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
So i take care not to ever leave a battery charging if I'm not in the room...

Tonight i just got a Leary feeling about my battery's just sitting...
I store them in a plastic toolbox so i rubber banded all the battery wires to each battery tonight thinking oh man what if two battery's touched opposite wires i could have a bomb in my house Oh and yep in that toolbox is about 15 3s 2200mah battery's so it now sits outside till i can find some big metal box to keep them in....
How about a fireplace?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can Triton temp. sensor prevent Lipo fires?? duganderson Batteries and Chargers 27 Aug 27, 2014 06:26 AM
How Prevalent Are Lipo Fires? DLC Batteries and Chargers 32 Sep 27, 2009 09:46 PM
Lipo Test are in tallflyer Parkflyers 0 Aug 26, 2003 12:09 PM
Question How Lipo's are rated electron_head Batteries and Chargers 6 Jun 30, 2003 08:58 PM
UK E Zoners are real people.... tim hooper Electric Plane Talk 13 May 01, 2001 10:00 PM