Jul 26, 2007, 02:06 AM
Thread OP
Question

Carrera Structo Draco 3001 info

Hi there.

I currently live in sweden and have recently purchaseda an old sailplan (Carrera structo Draco D-3001)

Around 1.2 meters long and wingspan of 2.8m. The plane only has elevator and rudder and i have no build plans for it.

I'm missing a few minor components and would like to try and upgrade the wing to use ailerons. Can someone help me with where to get hold of either build plans, spare sparts of maybe a set of new wings with ailerons?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Erik
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2007, 03:37 AM
I think you have a problem there...

The Carreraes were old in mid 80ies. I had a Kestrel myself, and a friend of mine had Draco, Trico and the large SB10. Might send him a SMS and ask if he have any drawings yet, but I have my doubt
Just some weeks ago an old Carrera SB10 were towed and the wings broke during towing... the old glue were brittle and just didn`t keep up any more. Everything in the wingroot just popped out...
But the fuselages are tough! Indestructable. You could fly your bird as it is, but make yourself a pair of new wings which suits the fuselage. Pick a good airfoil like MH32 and start from scratch. Adapt to the original mounting
Jul 26, 2007, 06:44 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the answer. I hope i can find more info soon :-)

Quick Reply