This thread is privately moderated by galaxiex, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2007, 02:46 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Thread OP
Discussion

The rest of my meager fleet

well here they are, only one missing is the Park Zone Spitfire. it is all dissassembled waiting for the day I have the skill for it...
Last edited by galaxiex; Jul 30, 2007 at 12:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
No Guts, No Glory
nice, nice, beautiful, nice, good job

I have grown up with RTF planes, Parkzone, and most other hobby gradded RTF's, all very good. How does the Wing Dragon fly? I was so close to buying that for my next plane. Good idea on the sandpaper.

If you can fly the WD4 very good, then you are ready for the Spit. It is soooo stable. I have talked to guys who had practice on a simulator, and had a successful flight first time
Jul 26, 2007, 03:03 AM
Thread OP
thanks for the feedback...

ya I can fly the Wing Dragon...I like it... flys GREAT!

the crash that broke the wing on the Dragon was cuz I didn't notice that my rudder trim was accidently shoved all the way right... newb mistake.

so when I launched my plan was to bank left on climb out... needless to say w/ opposite rudder and the plane wanting to go right and me banking left and wondering what the is going on... before I figured it out... well... broken wing...

ya I gotta try the Spit on the sim... I was still waaaay too green when I tried to maiden... and I knew better, dispite the fact it says on the box that a reletive beginner can fly it...
Jul 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
No Guts, No Glory
I have had the trim all the way to one direction before! luckily I was high off the ground, so I glimpsed at my radio.

I have not seen a spit on the sim, but I am sher you can fly it. It is very scary your fist flights. I would know since I have had my FW-190 for a long time.
Jul 27, 2007, 09:00 AM
Firebird Freedom uuuuugh I had one of those, unlike yours mine never flew at all it was such a horrible plane. I saw the picture of yours and started to have bad flashbacks LOL
Jul 27, 2007, 10:31 AM
well here they are, only one missing is the Park Zone Spitfire. it is all dissassembled waiting for the day I have the skill for it...

I was surprised to hear from a guy at a hobby shop last week, who owns all the PKZ warbirds.
He stated that the Spitfire is by far the easiest of the warbirds to fly, and is very stable and does not tip stall. I would have thought that the elliptical wing would be a bit tricky, but I guess the mass of area, and also I think its a bit larger than scale, all help in making a good flyer. He said the FW190 had much more bad habits than the Spit, which I would have assumed the other way around.

Just don't be like me and hand build a fleet of 20 aileron planes, and then wait 3 years to fly any of them.
Warbirds, ducted fans, etc, and I was still flying the GWS Beaver.
Finally got past that one a year ago, and way past. Don't know why I waited so long, but didn't destroy many planes in the process.

The little Sky Pilot reminds me of my Guillows Cessna 150. Nice little flyer. At one point I had actually though of getting one of those Sky Pilots and detailing it out. I like small stuff.

I also see you detailed and covered one of those little EPP bombers. I thought It could make a nice little HE111. Almost picked one of those up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan24210
Firebird Freedom uuuuugh I had one of those, unlike yours mine never flew at all it was such a horrible plane. I saw the picture of yours and started to have bad flashbacks LOL
Yes, I wonder why they use that high aspect wing design on a trainer. I used a Commander wing on both a scratch build AR234 and just for the heck of it, I put the wing on a Guillows FW190, after I built another wing for the Ar234 using a FlyZone Cessna wing.
I was not impressed with the wild characteristics, including what some would think are tip stalls. I'm not sure what they really are.
It actually did fly well on the FW190, after getting up to speed on launch. Under 20mph it would knife edge and go in, with absolutely no say in the matter. Was a bit easier to fly with the wing, mounted high on the AR234, but still not too great. Kinda like a mad pendulum.

Bill
Last edited by scratchandbash; Jul 27, 2007 at 10:42 AM.
Jul 27, 2007, 10:51 PM
Thread OP
Kinda like a mad pendulum.

Bill[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahahaha, mad pendulum, hahahahaha, roflol

that describes the Sky Fly perfectly lol

thanks for the kind words
Last edited by galaxiex; Jul 27, 2007 at 11:00 PM.

Quick Reply