Falcon 120 - Bobcat Copy - RC Groups
Jul 25, 2007, 01:44 AM
Keep building, buying,fly
Discussion

Falcon 120 - Bobcat Copy

Hello All

Because I am addicted I have just purchased a Falcon 120 and intend to put a Wren 54 on the back of her. This plane is a copy of a BVM Bobcat but at about 1/10th the price...... (Who is ripping who of I will leave you to decide ). I got mine in the UK for 195.00. This is a lovely looking plane and is an excellent jet trainer. I hope to get her today I have ordered the orange one.

A fellow club member has already built and flown his in the UK and here is a link to a short video of the second flight. Below is a web pic of the parts of the one I have ordered.

http://media.putfile.com/Falcon-120-Wren-54

Please feel free to chip in as you wish (Especially bigtop who is putting his 44 gold on one)

Have fun

Dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk
Last edited by Bigplumbs; Jul 25, 2007 at 04:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2007, 02:47 AM
Out of my Falcon Mind

BobGoldCatFalcon54120

Hi Dennis,

Thanx for the invite, I'll certainly will be chipping in! I'm so glad you asked it makes me feel a part of the community
Got a bit to do at the moment, so can't get into the build. I've got the sad task of cutting the Hawk up to get the components out i.e. servo's n stuff!
Look foward to the build, Dave's given me so upgrade tips.
1, strengthen or replace the control rods that come with the kit. I've decided to go with strenghten by sliding carbon rod over exsisting rods.
2, Get some stronger bolts for the wings as the kit only comes wit plastic ones, so metal replacements are required
3, 5 degrees of down thrust on the engine mount blocks, this also misses tail stab. And as Steve has done, coat underside of stab with foil tape.

BiGToP (Ron)
Last edited by bigtop; Jul 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM.
Jul 25, 2007, 03:05 AM
Out of my Falcon Mind

Falcon 120

Hi Dennis,

It's the Falcon 120 as the instructions but it's the Goldcat 54 from A1 models Colchester.

Yes the wing from my Hawk is intact apart from one wing fence!

regards

BiGToP
(Ron)
Last edited by bigtop; Jul 25, 2007 at 12:51 PM.
Jul 25, 2007, 04:04 PM
She arrived

Well I got her today......... I got the orange and black one.... I will unpack her soon and take some pics of the kit etc

Dennis
Jul 25, 2007, 05:06 PM
Out of my Falcon Mind

BiGToP's 44

Hi chaps

Mine is out of the box I layed it out in the garden for you to see.
White with black extremities with some red flashing.
50oz tank to go in her should give me around 8 mins flying and a couple to land.

p.s evening Dennis
Enjoy the pix
BiGToP (Ron)
Jul 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
Is there any differance between the falcon and the super falcon other than color?
Jul 26, 2007, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Rouch
Is there any differance between the falcon and the super falcon other than color?
They are the same Just colour schemes

Dennis
Jul 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
is this the plane that wholesale planes are selling?
if so i brought one of there lancair 120's from wings and wheels this year and maidened it last weekend flys great on a 180 four stroke.
i was looking at the falcon on display and was very tempted myself!
we dont have a very long runway in harwich so i did'nt know if it was to fast for our field, do the flaps help ?
Jul 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescoobydoo
is this the plane that wholesale planes are selling?
Hi Bluescoobydoo, it is the one wholesaleplanes (WSP) are selling, they are the only importers of this kit, colchester Models get them from WSP. I have the Keecat and am also impressed. Check out the video and see if your field is comparative to the take-off length. It seems to land really slow aswell.

http://media.putfile.com/Falcon-120-Wren-54

Regards

Marv.
Jul 26, 2007, 03:08 PM

What a Bargain

Well arn't I the lucky boy............... I clicked onto Wrens website today to buy my Wren 54 turbine and there was a big note saying 'Summer Madness' all engines reduced by 10 %... That meant I got the Auto Start Kit less the Data terminal (I already have one) for 1215.00...... Now that cant be bad..... Well done Sarah at Wren. http://www.wrenturbines.co.uk/

Now all I need is those Jetlegend retracts to turn up
dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk
Jul 26, 2007, 03:28 PM
GRUMMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs
Well arn't I the lucky boy............... I clicked onto Wrens website today to buy my Wren 54 turbine and there was a big note saying 'Summer Madness' all engines reduced by 10 %... That meant I got the Auto Start Kit less the Data terminal (I already have one) for 1215.00...... Now that cant be bad..... Well done Sarah at Wren. http://www.wrenturbines.co.uk/

Now all I need is those Jetlegend retracts to turn up
dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk
WOW!!! Sounds great another 54 in the skies.... Dennis what landing gear set are you going with...Gear is doing my head in man....Tires here, brakes there, struts from another place, retracts units from somewhere else...Oiii
Thanks Mojo
Jul 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
Out of my Falcon Mind

BiGToP's 44

What servo's?
I have got 4HS-5475HB's will they do for the elevator and rudder?

BiGToP
ps if I had loads of dosh I'd get that 54 bargin too!
well done Den
Last edited by bigtop; Jul 26, 2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: wrong servo type
Jul 26, 2007, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman
WOW!!! Sounds great another 54 in the skies.... Dennis what landing gear set are you going with...Gear is doing my head in man....Tires here, brakes there, struts from another place, retracts units from somewhere else...Oiii
Thanks Mojo
I will go with the jetlegend lightweight set of air up air down.......... 75 from www.zedjet.com ............... when they have them in stock

Dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk
Jul 26, 2007, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtop
What servo's?
I have got 4HS-77BB's will they do for the elevator and rudder?

BiGToP
ps if I had loads of dosh I'd get that 54 bargin too!
well done Den
I think any decent servo of 4 - 5 kg will do in the elevator and rudder as you have two of them. I dont believe this plane needs silly expensive servo's. I havnt made my final choice yet

Dennis
Jul 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
GRUMMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs
I will go with the jetlegend lightweight set of air up air down.......... 75 from www.zedjet.com ............... when they have them in stock

Dennis

www.densplanes.co.uk
I'll have a look, Thank You Dennis
Have Fun!!!
Mojo