Old Jul 24, 2007, 05:30 PM
Find More Posts by Steve Kane
Discussion

Best Radio Tx/Rx, Gyro for 3d Fuel Heli Flying?

When I was a kid, Futaba seemed to be best on the market. There have been so many advances in the last 20 years. Does brand really make a difference anymore?

What do you use and why did you choose it?
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:42 AM
Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Multi-Platform Pilot
Futaba 9C here, but Im comfortable with Futaba.

The 9303 is nice but I'm waiting for the X9303 so I can convert to 2.4 at the same time.

There's lots of good radios on the market right now, anything in a similar price range offers similar features and they are all very reliable. Goto a hobby shop and lay hands on the ones you like and see how they feel to you, and play around with the programming.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Helicopter Pilot
I bought the best I could afford. I started with an Airtonics 6 channels over 17 years ago. When that one fried, I already had a JR radio (8103) for some of my planks. It was a natural "gravitation" for me to just use the JR radio for my helis.

When the 9303 came out I bought one, and I like it's features. It's not FULLY programmable like some Futaba models, but it does it's job right. Now that I know how the JR programming works, I have tried to help some friends program their Futabas and I can't understand.

I'm with BH here, waiting for the X9303 2.4 to come out and work out any bugs before i lay down my money.

Rafael
Old Jul 27, 2007, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by crazy3dpilot
Build & Fly like 2days ur last
i had a hitech eclipse 7 i fried that one and i now have the spektrum from jr. it is the 2.4 ghz and i love it easy to use and a great radio to fly with i recommend it anyone looking for a radio. it is pricy but you pay for quality.