Nov 11, 2002, 08:40 PM
Will work for planes
Thread OP

Lost my plane...

I lost my first and hopefuly last bird this weekend. Went camping in the desert and took my scratch built stck along for fun. Well the wind was high but steady so I decided to fly anyway. first flight went well. Didn't do much except hang like a kite and land like a harrier. Second flight not so good. Was doing good at first untill my nice came and starded talking to me. "make it do this make it do that" got distracted and before I knew it was down wind from me and kept going. Last I saw it was going behind a tree line and went down. I spent hours looking for it all over the desert nothing. From now on I will use a plane finder device When flying in an unknown area. OH Well, live and learn.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2002, 10:00 PM
Tee Sqaured
man that sucks!!

i almost lost my ezette and firebird too, while i was preforming a airobatic desplay in my ezette for my dad, i hit the highest tree in the park, 8 hours and 55 bucks to get it down.I was luky too, not much damage,smashed the LE up to the sparr in two places, and cracked the Le in a few others, and a big cracked the lamanateing neer the wing root. about 2 hours to fix it. I lost my firebird XL while flying down wind, and found it in a small tree wich i climbed, and retreved 2 hours later

Thomas
Last edited by Thomas Manson; Nov 11, 2002 at 10:03 PM.
Nov 11, 2002, 10:01 PM
Tee Sqaured
other crushed LE. sorry, don't want to be the cener of attention, but maby this will make you feel better
Nov 11, 2002, 10:05 PM
Tee Sqaured
The most amazeing part is that i flew it out of the tree to landing, we had someone climb up and get it, and he threw it out of the tree. Fix went very well, and she flew 2 days later
Nov 12, 2002, 12:08 AM
a nice reptile family has moved into your plane...

Quick Reply