Jul 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
Thread OP
New Product

New plane from silverlit?

See this on ebay

Silverlit Stunt king

What is this? anyone heard of it before? Is it good?
Last edited by msim; Jul 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2007, 10:43 PM
Totally new to me! looks like a real hobby grade tx! Aeilorons and elevator!!!!???? Man things are happening to fast in mrtf! I need more $$$$$!!!!!!!
Jul 19, 2007, 01:04 AM
Seen it on eBay several times. There are a couple of threads, if
you do a search. I don't recall anybody saying they'd actually
flown one.

This is a flying wing, right? Rather than aelerons and elevator,
I think it has what's called "elevons" -- ie. one pair of control
surfaces that serves both purposes.

Still, that's pretty impressive for "toy grade" stuff...
Jul 19, 2007, 02:28 AM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
From the looks of it, I don't think this plane has functioning elevators.

Its 3 channels, (rudder, aileron, and throttle), with 2 micro servos (rudder/aileron). To get elevator, 3 servos are needed.

I think it would be easy to convert this plane into a 4 channel, full contol plane. 4 ch tx, one more servo, rx, and an ESC. Very easy mod. All the control surfaces are already there.

KC

Edit: It might be the aileron function that this plane doesn't have. 2 servos... rudder/elevator. 3 ch, rudder, elevator, and throttle.

The graphics on the website shows the plane doing a tight roll (as with ailerons), but it probably does a barrel roll (as with rudder).

Last edited by KC; Jul 19, 2007 at 02:40 AM.
Jul 19, 2007, 02:54 AM
B A bay B E be B I bicky bi
as msnyder mentioned, its got elevons - ailerons with elevator mixed in, like most flying wings/deltas. this only requires 2 servo and mixing, the TX probably does the mixing in this case. you can actually see the control horns/rods in the 2nd to last picture on that page.

looks pretty cool though, nice slim body should move easily through the air. thats some funny looking landing gear though. 22mph in stock form, so it should really scoot with a brushless upgrade! nice that it uses EPP foam too.

nick
Jul 19, 2007, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Yeah, the wheels of the landing gear look like the wheels from my old lego trains!

So the plane has rudder and elevator? Not a half bad plane.
Jul 19, 2007, 12:25 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
no wouldent it have one for the left aileroan or elevon w/e and one for the right. it shouldent have rudder? its like a strykr
Jul 19, 2007, 12:33 PM
Can't tell from the pic above -- how many props/motors does it have? If it has two, then it doesn't need a rudder and both servos can be devoted to the "elevons". You get throttle and rudder from the motors (differential thrust). But that would make it a 4ch "full house".

If it has one prop, it could still be flown as "aeleron plus elev", ie. without rudder per se. And that would still mean elevons.
Jul 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
nice plane but a bit pricey, i might get it later. i think it kinda of v tail mixing, i wanna see a vid of it to be sure that this is a goo plane.
Jul 19, 2007, 01:29 PM
I WANT THE ****!!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...lit+Stunt+king

Here's a review, seems cool, I have also been seeing them on ebay my bro almost ordered one the other day, but then I reminded him about the micro cessna.
Jul 19, 2007, 01:43 PM
thanks tony, the review is good, i think i might buy it, maybe but i was looking for something else, not a big fan of flying wings.
Last edited by ihor14448; Jul 19, 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
Jul 19, 2007, 01:45 PM
is it supposed to smoke??
buy the new cessna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Jul 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnyder
If it has one prop, it could still be flown as "aeleron plus elev", ie. without rudder per se. And that would still mean elevons.
That's it msnyder!

There's the 2 servos! Elevons.

KC
Jul 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Good. Thanks KC. I actually submitted a bid for one on eBay, but I wasn't willing to go
too high, and I got outbid. I might try again at some point.

Ihor14448, elevon and vtail mixing are pretty close to the same thing.
Jul 19, 2007, 04:37 PM
Its called "Delta" mixing in this case.

Quick Reply