New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2007, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by Crash812
Discussion

Super Cub in-flight structural failure

Has anyone flown the wings off their Hobby Zone Super Cub? I was attempting an outside or inverted loop and noticed my wings flexing quite uncomfortably.
I have been flying the heck out of the thing and wonder when I can expect to loose the wings? Maybe I should rig a parachute that will deploy by way of the x-port incase of this happening.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2007, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by Dora Nine
The sky is my playground.
I was flying a PZ Decathalon and the wing folded...

Instead of a parachute...how bout a new wing?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by toyjunker
pie hopper
The struts on the HZ SC only provide support in one direction (normal flight). If you plan on a lot of inverted flight or outside loops, it would be a good idea to install some hard struts that will prevent/limit wing flex in both directions. CF rod, spruce, fiberglass... just about anything stiffer than the stock plastic spaghetti noodles should be fine.

Old Jul 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by Montag DP
Sink stinks
I'd attach a CF reinforcement spanwise on the wing. You should be able to get them at Dragonplate.com.