Nov 11, 2002, 01:44 PM
We got planes to build
Thread OP

Mini Lights for Night Flying

Has anyone tried these for night flying?

http://www.magnetic-flashing-body-lights.com

My wife got one at a trade show she attended and gave it to me. I stuck it on my Slow Stick wing using the magnet. It is pretty strong, but a bit of glue would probably help hold it.

I only have one right now that flashes red and blue so I haven't tried flying yet. Would like to find some locally, hopefully that are just one color. A Google search for "mini body lights" turns up lots of other web sites. Some say that the batteries last 10-15 hours. I think it could make night flying real easy to try.

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2002, 10:21 PM
We got planes to build
Thread OP
BTW, they are fairly light at 5 grams each- including the magnet.
Nov 11, 2002, 10:41 PM
Aerial Shutterbug
These look vagely familiar to the
Aero Strobes sold by R-C Direct...only in single colors.

I saw a friend fly one (AeroStrobe) on his TM this past summer, pretty cool but not quite as bright as a 5000 to 10000 MCD LED!

Roger
Nov 12, 2002, 12:01 AM
Photon, who make(s) a keychain LED light also have (has?) a "party light" that appears as a red-blue-green streak when in motion.

The "normal" use for these is to attach a string and whirl them like a sparkler. They aren't cheap (around $15-), but they are a really cool addition to a night flight that also will indicate groundspeed by the length of the color bands.
Nov 12, 2002, 12:19 AM
Aerial Shutterbug
Even standard Hi-intensity (5000 mcd) LEDs will do that lymon...
Nov 24, 2002, 07:34 PM
R/C ADDICT
i flew my mini ifo last night with abody light on each end of the wing and one ble led on the landing gear.
it was awesome. however if you look at the body light too long it can put you in a trance.(lol)
thor
Nov 24, 2002, 07:34 PM
R/C ADDICT
lights out!

Quick Reply