This thread is privately moderated by mohillbilly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 18, 2007, 12:13 AM
Yep I got another one.
Thread OP
Whoops!

Micro jet Mayham!

Maiden flight of my buddy micro jet.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=1397405

Mo.
Last edited by mohillbilly; Jul 29, 2007 at 01:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2007, 05:48 PM
How do I change this text?
Ouch, sorry about your crash. I loved the slow motion and super slow motion at the end. There's something therapeutic about watching my own crashes in slow motion.
Jul 18, 2007, 06:03 PM
Yep I got another one.
Thread OP
Messed up because my buddy wanted a micro jet after seeing me fly mine all the time. I deside to upgrade motors and he wants my old motor, NP my maiden with new motor mega pulling 20A+ forgot to change out the 18A ESC and it went in right after launch DOH!, His new one few days later with my old motor... well you watched the vid LOL.

Mo.
Jul 29, 2007, 01:23 AM
Yep I got another one.
Thread OP
Here is what happened to mine on a bad launch...

Its fixed and hitting over 100 MPH now. I thought about how hard the launch is it always seems 50/50. Turns out I know I have some down thrust in my motor mount and if I cut the power off after flying fast it ballons up, and when I hit the power it dives down. Then I thought about how it glides in for a easy landing at my feet power off from about 50 yards out. Today I gave it a shot throttled up to about 1/4 and threw it..... it just floated away like nothing! I was able to slowly increase the throttle and had NO issues at all. DUH all this time.

It was also right after seeing my buddy destroy his when he tried to launch it strait up! Doh!

Mo.
Jul 30, 2007, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
I seriously think that the MJ is one of the most crashed planes around. Sorry to see it go, looked to be doing rather well. Just curious how close was it to hitting the kid? It looked like it was only about15' away.
Jul 31, 2007, 01:53 AM
Yep I got another one.
Thread OP
It was actually fixed and flown again but crashed last Sat. on a bad launch. Thats when I learned to do a 1/4 throttle launch and its super easy. That was actually my son running after his aero ace. Dogz and myself fly there all the time and I trust his flying skills. however just shows ya what can happen. It hit about 15' away from him and I had told him NOT to get in front of us. Kids!

Mo.

Quick Reply