Jul 12, 2007, 07:20 PM
Thread OP
Help!

throttle freaking me out

I am hovering a Rex 600. What can I do to make the throttle NOT SO SENSITIVE. It seems that only A VERY SMALL MOVEMENT ON THE STICK RESULTS IN "WOW" REACH FOR THE STARS. iS IT THE THROTTLE CURVe
OR SOMETHING ELSE !!!!
s tREX
to remove ads between posts
Jul 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
volts x amps = watts.
It's probably your throttle curve that we talked about. if the curve is too steep, it can make is surge quickly. Try setting the "Normal" throttle curve like this:

0, 80, 80, 80, 80

This way, when you are hovering or flying, the stick movement doesn't change the throttle. I wouldn't keep it here, but it will show you the difference.

I'd recommend using Governor mode. The above throttle curve will work well with the ESC in governor mode. This way the ESC can manage your throttle, so you don't have to worry about fine-tuning curves.
Jul 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
Are you in normal mode? If so go to idle up and the changes will not be as drastic. When you are in normal you give +/- pitch and throttle which results in a big move. When you go to throttle up, your head speed stays constant and you give only pitch which makes for a smoother more predictable feel.....Ron
Jul 12, 2007, 09:15 PM
Renewed interest
When i setup a heli i have the normal mode pitch curve run -10 / +10 so the heli can be sensitive. Some dial the pitch back to -4 or so , that way you cant drive the heli into the ground at warp speed. The throttle curve i set like Wheelhaus , 0-80... so that i have constant motor rpm and fly the heli on pitch. Once you get to a happy place re HS you can then set the govenor mode or keep the % you like. As you progress you will get a feel for what you like.

One of the most common issues i see with E machines is the throttle set like a glow machine , this doesnt work well for E due to the nature of how the motors work. We are aiming for a constant HS and if you are not loading the machine much the 80% flat line will work
Jul 13, 2007, 12:26 AM
mad heli scientist
If you use an esc with a gov mode and smooth spoolup, you don't have to use 0% anywhere on your throttle curves and take comfort in knowing that your motor won't shut down based on left stick input.

Use the throttle-hold switch for 0% throttle and when you're ready to fly, switch it off and the esc will nicely spool up the head for you. It's quite easy.

Normal mode could be for more precise hovering with a flat throttle curve set at 80% and limited pitch range, like -3 to +6. Since the headspeed is a bit lower, you'll save power and fly for longer durations.

Set Idle up for full pitch range with a flat 95 to 100% throttle for more sporty flying.
Jul 13, 2007, 01:48 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
I think you have a pitch issue, not a throttle issue.

The HS should be more or less constant and all my settings (nor-idle1&2) use the same setting of 95-100%. But I do use 0% for start up and shutdown. I also have hold or auto set down which will kill the motor too.

If you have a liniar pitch setting it could be a little "pitchy" around center which can be flattened out easy.

You can see my basic settings in my BLOG "D

FB

Quick Reply