This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 11, 2007, 05:39 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Nitro update

Well, all is not wine and roses with the Savage and its Orion heart transplant, at least not yet. I knew that this engine would be a bit difficult to tune and my pal at the hobby shop agrees. Thankfully, he's had more experience than I with Orion engines, so he's promised to dial it in for me. Man, when that engine's running reasonably good on the top end and that transmission shifts to high, that truck is genuinely frightening. Anything that'll squeeze its tires with centrifugal/centripetal force just like a full-scale top fuel dragster is worthy of respect while in operation.

Which leads me to this musing: Why can't this engine be as easy to run as an O.S. Max?

That little Max FP .25 engine was started today for the first time in literally years. This is the one that was given to me along with the homebuilt combat plane it was mounted to (see photos in an earlier post). Since the muffler gaskets did in fact come in yesterday, I figured what the heck. In went the new fuel tank, on went the lines.

It started and ran to near perfection with one brief blip of the starter. On an old glow plug, yet. A few minor tweaks of the air bleed screw and it really does run perfectly. I am genuinely impressed.

One thing's for sure: I am definitely putting an O.S. in "Project Zero."
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply