Jul 25, 2007, 11:25 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Well done, thanks Dritch and Si.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2007, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRITCH
Finally got a pdf to work. Not tiled. Not what I wanted, but I'll work on it.

I put the pdf in first post.
Dritch, your PDF has a security password. You should not expect to be able to use ScaleAndTile to scale and tile it, as it is designed to work only with PDFs that are not password-protected.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves

P.S. Actually, you could use ScaleAndTile, because the PDF can be displayed in your PDF viewer. This would require using the screen capture capability of your computer to grab an image of the PDF. Then you could use ScaleAndTile to work with the (now unprotected) image of the PDF. ISTM this is a lot of trouble to go to to get around a problem that could be easily avoided by exporting the CAD data as a bitmapped image, so you can use it with a program that works with bitmapped images.
Jul 25, 2007, 12:59 PM
Thread OP
Password?
Jul 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
I can view it ok. Is there any cockpit details? no password required
Jul 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
See Da Pics.

Shape the nose, canopy, and skirts as you'd like. From what I understand you don't want to go too big on the canopy area. I tripled my nose and slotted it for batt to be held in.

http://www.parkjets.com/F-22%20Park%...n-Tiled%29.pdf

maybe shape it a little like this?
Jul 25, 2007, 02:12 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Ok Dritch, thanks for the link I missed that one!
Jul 25, 2007, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRITCH
Password?
Yes. It would be an "Owner" password, which prevents anyone but the Owner from making changes to the PDF.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Jul 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
Some guys recomemned this plane for cardboard to me. Ill have to try it out.
Jul 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
I can view it ok. ... no password required
Dekan, you are correct. No password is required to view it.

OTOH, the PDF has a user password that prevents it from being modified, e.g., tiling it.

Cheers,
Bill Segraves
Jul 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
Thread OP
If ya try it let me know. Next time I run across some cloroplast/cardboard i'll give it a try. I'm still trying to get a video of this one flying. No one at the field to hold the camera last 2 times I was there.
Jul 27, 2007, 11:26 AM
yea it should be interesting... It uses elevons right? There might be some modifing to make it fly with the extra weight but im adding a bp-21 and a 3s 1300mAh lipo. should be fun. Its a cool looking plane. Great design.
Jul 27, 2007, 11:32 AM
Thread OP
Yep elevons only. Shouldn't be a problem with a bigger motor. Just put it a little closer to the CG. Make sure you put at least 10 inches inbetween the stabs and go with a 7x5 or 8x6 Electric.
Jul 27, 2007, 11:34 AM
ok yea. cant wait. I dont have a computerized radio but ive got a electric mixer thats been looking for a home.
Jul 27, 2007, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
I should mention here that it would be best to use ez connectors at the servo's for reflex adjustments. On maiden I'd have at least 1/4 inch up on elevons.
Jul 27, 2007, 11:40 AM
ok cool

Quick Reply