Jul 10, 2007, 10:53 AM
Fly Bluff Park, Long Beach CA
Thread OP
Alert

EPP Foam sold here:

RCSkyFlyer sells EPP Foam Sheets in colors Black and White in sizes 36" x 24" ( 915mm x 610mm ) & 36" x 12" ( 915mm x 305mm )

We also carry Carbon Fiber Rods, Tubes & Strips in lengths of 39" ( 1000mm ).

We offer EPP Foam Sheets in sizes 5mm and up ( 1/4" and up ).

We carry 1.3# and 1.9# density EPP Foam Sheets.

We've been in business since March 2006.

We also have specials and Freebies all the time to keep customers happy

Visit RCSkyFlyer for more information, pricing and shipping.

keywords: epp, foam, where to buy, who sells, expanded, polypropylene, coroplast, 2mm, 3mm, 4mm, sheet, flying, airplane, wing, building, material, construction, rc, remote, control, plane, hobby, toy, foam sheet, epp foam, sale, sell, selling, buy, buying
Last edited by RCSkyFlyer; Oct 14, 2009 at 07:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2007, 11:24 AM
Just so I am clear, is this one block?

36x48x60mm 1.9# Black
$48.49
36x48x60mm - Black 1.9#
Jul 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
pro bro 2465
Ok just placed an order but Iam going to say I hate handling charges feels like hidden fees and why the state sales tax when Iam in OK and you are located in CA I didnt think sales tax apply if it is out of state mail/internet sales
Last edited by okie larry; Jul 13, 2007 at 03:07 PM.
Jul 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie larry
Ok just placed an order but Iam going to say I hate handeling charges feels like hidden fees and why the state sales tax when Iam in OK and you are located in CA I didnt think sales tax apply if it is out of state mail/internet sales
This is why I choose not to order. I do not care what the price is, but I feel it is wrong to charge a handling fee for anything that is not larger than a 6 person hot tub. Sales tax was another bummer.
Jul 13, 2007, 02:36 PM
I will take to time to compare the prices of epp.
Last edited by Vegas_flyer; Aug 01, 2007 at 02:29 PM.
Jul 14, 2007, 02:19 AM
Thread OP
Hello,

Ed the owner here.

Thank you gentlemen for your input, I greatly appreciate it.

I agree with you Okie Larry, so I am eliminating the Handling Fee after posting this reply.

I also agree with you Liquidity that having to pay taxes over the internet from out of state doesn't make any sense, but I cannot be flexible in this area due to California state laws.

If you were to take a moment and follow this link:

http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/facstaff/nel...f%20California

and click on California under "Legislative Proposals Related to E-Commerce Taxation"....

and click on the link next to Publication 109 that reads: "Are Your Internet Sales Taxable?"

... you would find that according to state law, I must impose / have the consumer pay taxes on the product even though it is an internet sale regardless if it is sold within or outside of California.

I hope you gentlemen and the rest of the RC community understand. Maybe there is some other law or other legislation which states I do not have to impose a sales tax or have to pay them... I am open to it... maybe I have overlooked it or don't know about it.

Thanks again for the input.
Jul 14, 2007, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSkyFlyer
Hello,

Ed the owner here.

Thank you gentlemen for your input, I greatly appreciate it.

I agree with you Okie Larry, so I am eliminating the Handling Fee after posting this reply.

I also agree with you Liquidity that having to pay taxes over the internet from out of state doesn't make any sense, but I cannot be flexible in this area due to California state laws.

If you were to take a moment and follow this link:

http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/facstaff/nel...f%20California

and click on California under "Legislative Proposals Related to E-Commerce Taxation"....

and click on the link next to Publication 109 that reads: "Are Your Internet Sales Taxable?"

... you would find that according to state law, I must impose / have the consumer pay taxes on the product even though it is an internet sale regardless if it is sold within or outside of California.

I hope you gentlemen and the rest of the RC community understand. Maybe there is some other law or other legislation which states I do not have to impose a sales tax or have to pay them... I am open to it... maybe I have overlooked it or don't know about it.

From your link:
"Some of your Internet sales — including sales for resale, sales of cold food products, and sales delivered outside of California — may not be subject to California sales or use tax."

This is common, you do not collect tax for CA for an item I purchase in Ohio. If you go to any CA. hobby shop and order online from a different state, no taxes are charged. One thing to note however is I may be responsible to pay taxes in Ohio but that is up to me.

Don't take my word as gospel, but I would do a little more research on this if I were you.
Jul 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:

I'm a California Online Business and 99% of my business is out of state or overseas. We JUST filed our latest taxes...

YOU SHOULD NOT BE CHARGING SALES TAX ON ITEMS SHIPPED OUT OF CALIFORNIA!

BOE Quote -

"INTERSTATE AND FOREIGN COMMERCE — Sales of property which, pursuant to the contract of sale,
are shipped by the retailer to a point outside this state are exempt from tax
. Generally, no exemption
applies if the property is delivered to the purchaser or purchaser’s representative in this state, even
if the purchaser subsequently removes the property from this state.
REVENUE: N/A SECTION: 6396"

It's at the top of page 20 -
http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/pub61.pdf

You can call your local BOE office and they will verify...

Good luck with the biz

Brian
Last edited by punkindrublik; Jul 14, 2007 at 08:30 PM.
Jul 15, 2007, 12:22 AM
1 paycheck away from homeless
I don't really ever use EPP. But, I like the idea that you took the time to come back on here & explain yourself in a calm & professional manner. Instead of getting all defensive & making threats or being rude. It says a lot to me. I hope you get the tax & other kinks worked out. Good luck with your ventures.
Jul 15, 2007, 03:05 AM
Thread OP
Hello Everyone,

Thank you ghostmechanic for your response, I greatly appreciate it!

And thanks Brian / punkindrublik for the link and information, I am going to look further into it and forward this concern to my CPA.

Thanks for responding logical_psycho, I do need to perform a bit more research....

I think for now, I will offer my items tax free for everyone outside of California... and if my research and my CPA's findings reflects what you gentlemen are saying, I will simply leave it that way.

I really appreciate the help and input from everyone who has responded, even vegas_flyer regarding the hot tub... where can I find friends like that??
Jul 15, 2007, 06:21 PM
pro bro 2465
so what about the tax I paid on my order FRI. I will take the difference in epp if that makes it easy
Jul 16, 2007, 04:16 AM
Ron Paul - 2008
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you ghostmechanic for your response, I greatly appreciate it!

And thanks Brian / punkindrublik for the link and information, I am going to look further into it and forward this concern to my CPA.

Thanks for responding logical_psycho, I do need to perform a bit more research....

I think for now, I will offer my items tax free for everyone outside of California... and if my research and my CPA's findings reflects what you gentlemen are saying, I will simply leave it that way.

I really appreciate the help and input from everyone who has responded, even vegas_flyer regarding the hot tub... where can I find friends like that??
Be sure to pay the .gov the taxes you already collected (even though you shouldn't have collected them) otherwise its tax fraud (at least it is in KY where I run my business. I'd make sure to discuss it with the CPA).

Very nice on the quick responses and openness to changing to satisfy the customer. thumbs up!
Jul 16, 2007, 08:15 PM
pro bro 2465
Ok lesson learned here shipping was fast but there was no protection on the foam it was just the foam I ordered wraped in brown paper and of corse the post office put a few small gouges in the outter sheet what a bummer and then there is tha handling fee and tax I was charged and now they do away with it ya only a few bux but we will see what happens about that
Jul 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Hello Everyone,

Ed the owner here:

Thank you for the suggestion bp_968, that is something we will do. Thanks also for the enouragements, they are greatly appreciated.

To okie larry: Our apologies regarding the mishandling of the postal service. We have brought that issue to their attention before. We have considered shipping the foam in boxes to better prevent mishandling by carriers, but that may make the shipping cost rise quite significantly for the customer and boxes aren't made to match order quantities. We have also thought about simply cutting cardboard box sides to protect the foam. This, however, does make the entire package heavier / thicker ( especially small orders of thin sheets ) and will make the shipping charge higher. Some customers have requested this and we have happily abliged.

In regards to the suggestion of taxes:

We would be happy to credit all past customers the prior charged costs of tax and handling on their next order ( either by adding the difference in foam to the order or discounting the shipping, customer's choice ).

Thank you again to everyone for your input and suggestions.
Jul 17, 2007, 01:10 PM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
We have considered shipping the foam in boxes to better prevent mishandling by carriers, but that may make the shipping cost rise quite significantly for the customer and boxes aren't made to match order quantities. We have also thought about simply cutting cardboard box sides to protect the foam. This, however, does make the entire package heavier / thicker ( especially small orders of thin sheets ) and will make the shipping charge higher.
You should consider FedEx Ground. They blow away USPS as their rates aren't nearly as weight sensitive.
Just an idea, I use them for anything over 1lb now that USPS has priced themselves out of the game....

Brian

Quick Reply