Jul 09, 2007, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
Video

Yellow Aircraft F-16

Yellow Aircraft maiden video (mostly sky but show the takeoff, a large loop, and thelanding).

2nd flight video shows how well this aricraf flies. Towards the end of the video the F-16 losses radio contact while flying away from me. Radio contact was restored and I got her turned around ad headng back towards me. Unfortunately, radi contact ws lost again and she rolled inverted and went in.

Power Setup:
Fan -- TF4000
Motor -- Neu 1912 1Y
Controller -- CC 110 HV
Batteries -- TP Extremes 10S 5000mAh
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2007, 02:11 PM
R/C CRASHER
that sucks
Jul 09, 2007, 02:54 PM
Kiss the Sky
wow!!! Real shame about the end but awesome performance. Love the retracts!!!
Jul 09, 2007, 05:48 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
A moment of silence. That was an impressive machine.
Jul 09, 2007, 10:31 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys. Unfortanely, this is the nature of our hobby.

Kirk
Jul 10, 2007, 12:00 PM
Kiss the Sky
Was it repairable? Will she fly again? One of the nicest F-16 out there, especially the retracts!
Jul 11, 2007, 12:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by electriceye
Was it repairable? Will she fly again? One of the nicest F-16 out there, especially the retracts!
Nope. She is completely destoyed. Sometime in the near future I'll build another one.

Kirk
Jul 11, 2007, 02:23 PM
Kiss the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_sonn
Nope. She is completely destoyed. Sometime in the near future I'll build another one.

Kirk
What a shame!!! C' est La Vie as the French say- Sorry to hear that-I hope you managed to salvage some parts?
Jul 11, 2007, 04:37 PM
man! nice flight and everything's good.....hate it whenever happen to the "plane went down" it's a natural of hobby, indeed. sorry to hear that......
Jul 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
Still Screamin'!
k sonn,
Where do you fly? I visit Hono often as I work in the ports. I only knew of one hobby store and that was near Waikiki. I heard there was a good one in Pearl City but never found it. I come about 4 times per year and just sit at the Hotel on weekends Would much rather come see the jets
Jul 13, 2007, 02:29 PM
Kiss the Sky
Apart from all the hot poop on RC stuff, how cool is it to converse with a likeminded brother in Honolulu where we are at the moment, Tenessee next, LA next, Germany next, etc,etc-A good antidote to the other silly &*@T% who are trying to blow everyone else up that doesn't agree with them.
Jul 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
Still Screamin'!
Amen!
Sep 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
Dude!

I just saw this vid for the first time today. First of all, I'm bummed to see the loss, Kirk. However--that was AWESOME. I loved the airframe noise! It sounded pretty damn close to turbine. I haven't read this entire thread, but you've got me VERY excited about an EDF Falcon. I've been talking to my LHS about the JHI package and it seems like the ticket. What propulsion system did you use?
Sep 11, 2007, 02:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowAircraft
Dude!

I just saw this vid for the first time today. First of all, I'm bummed to see the loss, Kirk. However--that was AWESOME. I loved the airframe noise! It sounded pretty damn close to turbine. I haven't read this entire thread, but you've got me VERY excited about an EDF Falcon. I've been talking to my LHS about the JHI package and it seems like the ticket. What propulsion system did you use?
Hi Shaun,

I used the Aeronaut Turbo Fan 4000, Neu 1912 1Y motor, Castle Creations HV110 ESC, and Thunder Power Extremes 10S 5000 mAh batteries. The JHI eTurbax fan seems to be a nice setup with about the same amount of power as the setup I used but it is a little heavier. I plan on testing an eTurbax this weekend in an Electra sport jet.

Kirk
Sep 12, 2007, 01:01 AM
That thing's operational!
Wow! What a beautiful flying machine. Really smooth. I'm sorry it crahsed, that's really too bad. What was the problem with the radio? Is it a 72mhz system? Too bad, sorry about that.
So, what's the wingspan on this model? It looks like a nice size.

Quick Reply