Aug 08, 2007, 05:33 PM
You deserve my opinion
SR, I just checked in a caught your cow pix. What a hoot! Thanks for keeping the fun in RC!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2007, 05:17 AM
LOL...this is totally amazing,Im not really into alien stuff (kinda scary) but the cow part was really funny,this is trully out of this world.

As others said,put LEDs on the bottom,and then maybe go scare the farmers a bit

Farmer- OMG!! MY COW...
Aug 09, 2007, 11:00 AM
Foam Floats Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
Sr, a light sanding (150 grit on a block ) removes most of the printing ...why do they label it anyway except for advertising.... why not just stick on label ???
!!!!
I have always just wiped off the printing with rubbing alcohol, doesn't hurt the foam.

Gary, the cow is just to funny

Reminds me of the one you did with the missiles chasing itself.
Aug 13, 2007, 06:19 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
One of the old timers came out to the field (nitro flyer) and was amazed that these "foam things " could fly , especially that "disk thing"... Flew the Full Roswell for him , he just couldn't believe it , his very young grandson loved the spaceman , naturally had to hold it ......Just too much FUN , Thanks again SR...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Aug 13, 2007, 09:47 AM
Use whatcha got!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVPilot
I have always just wiped off the printing with rubbing alcohol, doesn't hurt the foam...
UAVP - works fine fore bluecor, but the protection board has the printing on the 'unskinned' side and the ink gets 'into' the foam itself.

We haven't had much luck removing it w/ alcohol and/or lighter fluid...

-ms
Aug 16, 2007, 09:16 PM
Foam Floats Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith
UAVP - works fine fore bluecor, but the protection board has the printing on the 'unskinned' side and the ink gets 'into' the foam itself.

We haven't had much luck removing it w/ alcohol and/or lighter fluid...

-ms
Oh, I see. I haven't bought any protection board so I haven had any experience with it.
I have seen a lot of nice bluecore (with the skin on both sides) foamies built with the printing still on them though ,and had wondered why some leave them that way. I have even seen some with the paint over the printing and it bleeding through. I thought either they don't know it wipes of with alcohol or they just don't care.
Aug 17, 2007, 05:18 AM
gpw
gpw
Some of us are more interested how the plane flies , rather than how it looks ... sometimes , well placed printing helps with visibility ...sometimes , it gets wiped off (we use lighter fluid on Blucor , sandpaper on PB...sometimes we "just don't care " Something for everybody !!!
Aug 17, 2007, 09:34 AM
Fly lower!

The invasion begins!

The Clovis itzaUFO invades Midland, TX. Is there something about WWII airplanes that attracts UFO's?

Mini Ifo
Last edited by mini ifo; Aug 17, 2007 at 09:40 AM.
Aug 18, 2007, 05:30 PM
gpw
gpw
After watching UFO files on the History Channel for FOUR hours straight... have the desire to make yet another UFO , this time taking a leaf out of SR-71's book and incorporating a rudder... did a few drawings , and think a new shape allowing for the rudder on the bottom would be perfect for my needs and not spoil the effect of the top canopy area nor blank out in high alpha...Making templates now ... Traditional saucer shape with larger canopy, smooth curves and fattened bottom area of the "fuse"...sorry no cows ...yet
Aug 25, 2007, 05:06 PM
gpw
gpw
Wanting to test out the rudder idea, we just cut out a rudder on the bottom side of the "Full Roswell" ...It makes it into a wonderful flyer!!!! absolute control now , even in HOVER...
SR, Please kick me in the butt for not putting a rudder on this in the first place ...My DUMB !!!!!!!! You are the MASTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps, the rudder just on the bottom works fine ...
Aug 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Thread OP

Why Is It....?

Gpw,

The only reason full-scale planes don't have the rudder on the bottom is because it would get ground off when the plane rotates for takeoff!

On the bottom is the best place, unless you want to do knife-edge... then, top AND bottom is good.

Gary

P.S. The only thing I have mastered , is HAVING FUN!!!!
Aug 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
gpw
gpw
Sr , still can't believe it's possible to fly such an "unconventional" craft... The new guys look at it and go , Oh yeah, so what ... not knowing how many years we waited for such a thing ... I can't recall anything like this in the past ...This is just so COOL !!!! I for one , appreciate the HECK out of it !!!!!!Hopefully , more will learn what a unique thing has been done here... Thanks Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
gpw
gpw
The wind was Up today pretty good...13-15 mph... The boys were having trouble with the slower "conventional " planes... Launched the ITZA UFO into the breeze.... handled the wind really well... No problems ... I know what I'll be flying this winter...
Sep 17, 2007, 02:33 AM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Thread OP
DANG, these things are fun!!! WooHoo!!
Sep 17, 2007, 05:48 AM
gpw
gpw
Can't have much more FUN than this with your clothes on ...

SR, the Itza, is even more FUN since we added a rudder as per your instructions...still playing with the fuse shape , many more of these to come ...Thanks Again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply