Dec 20, 2013, 01:47 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
That’s a UFO sighting for sure ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 20, 2013, 07:58 PM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
You know, I'd have to go measure the thickness of the foam, but I think it's 1/2". Amazingly resilient, but doesn't stand up well to localized stress like screw holes for control horns. Interestingly, the foil covering has had no effect at all on radio performance (I have the rx underneath between the 2 "ventral fins".)

Yes, I added just a static fin. It's fine, really, this was primarily a night fly project. I thought it would be cool to have mysterious circular lights in the sky. And it is!

If I ever decide to build one that actually flie well, it will look a lot more like yours, vtdiy, and most others' on this thread.

Dave

Your pics do look a lot like a UFO sighting! Love it!
Dec 20, 2013, 11:12 PM
low tech high tech
(2 min 51 sec)
Dec 21, 2013, 06:06 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Stark landscape , freaky space music , UFO....
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 21, 2013, 10:45 AM
low tech high tech
Thanks Troy, Hancock GPW! Having fun here!

We need some plasma thrusters for boost.

Sharpened a piece of 3/8" brass tubing by holding it in a drill and running against 80 grit paper. Then drilled out some holes for the thrusters.

Covered them again top and bottom with a piece of clear packing tape.

I was intending to use markers to color the plasma, but it was too weak a color. I really needed more boost!

Dec 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
low tech high tech
So I ended up dabbing on some orange craft paint with a brush over each thruster.

Much better!

Now to go see what it looks like flying......

Apr 04, 2019, 03:23 AM
Ron_RC
I've built a few UFOs and this is the latest one I did for a UFO festival in Yelm, WA. Complete with space alien, tractor beam, and led flashy lights.
RC UFO Flying Saucer Sighting with Tractor Beam (3 min 27 sec)
Jun 10, 2019, 09:30 AM
Ron_RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtdiy
I too like the music with this UFO. Ha ha! Here's the latest video I did with my UFO where I wanted to play with some of the functions on my editing software. I had it beam up my wife and replace her with an alien imposter! LOL

UFO Flying Saucer Beams Up My Wife! (4 min 18 sec)

Quick Reply