Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 30, 2017, 03:39 AM
build like there is no 2moz
Merry Christmas, and a prosperous and fun 2018 from down under :-)

I'll be back home in Jan, and much modelling awaits
to remove ads between posts
Jan 01, 2018, 05:21 AM
...design-build-fly-publish...
So the tour draw towards its' end! Those of us who watched Countryfile this Sunday were seeing NZ on small screen as the programme centred on a tour of rediscovery by Adam Henson. What a beautiful country - if a little insecure geologically! You'll no doubt return with memories that'll last a lifetime.

Happy New Year to all.
Robin
Jan 06, 2018, 01:54 AM
Happy New Year to all the Ivan aficionados, about six days late.

Here are some photos of an IP Albatross built by a one Michel Jugie of France, which I have received from Ivan. I am aware of only one other builder in France, Pierre Chamayou who did the Martin Mars back in 2016. Perhaps if these two can keep spreading the word there can someday be a FIMBO club to rival the Bimbos. At any rate I must say these gentlemen have very appropriate-sounding French names if nothing else, and great modelling style as well. Salut mes amis!

Jan 06, 2018, 11:45 AM
96RC/3178W
Happy New Year Luke!
Jan 22, 2018, 05:02 AM

Stranraer Plan

Hi Patrick,

Its been bugging me for a while, as I was sure I had seen a Stranraer plan or build article somewhere.

Just found it today while looking for something else!

It was an article (and free plan?) by Cyril Carr in the January 2011 issue of RCM&E. There are also some build photos in the download area at modelflying.co.uk (log in and click on the mouse icon). This is not an IP style model as I believe is made from Depron, but it may be a good starting point.

I have looked at the Stranraer as a possible project, but it is a seaplane rather than an amphibian. As most of my flying is from a grass patch I decided against it.

My current project is a Piaggio 136 amphibian. Next may be a Supermarine Walrus - I have an elderly plan for a .60 IC version that is just asking to be re-engineered in the IP style with an electric motor and working retracts.

Hope this helps.

Martin
Jan 22, 2018, 10:25 AM
low and slow
Her is one!

A fellow builder here in Bergen are building these perfect small models.

Arvid
Jan 23, 2018, 01:41 PM
They look superb. Full of character and so realistic. Congratulations to the builders.
Jan 25, 2018, 04:43 PM

From the FIMBO !

Hello Ivan aficionados,
Pierre Chamayou is a friend from our club AMVH in the south of France.

After having seen the Pierre'MARS in 2016, I build the Albatross.

Maiden flight in october 2017, during our HYDRALAGOU meeting on Salagou lake.
Jan 25, 2018, 08:34 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Fantastique! Well done you FIMBOs.

Nick
Jan 26, 2018, 05:46 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Magnifique! That's all my French. Do you have a picture of the model, for Luke's front page?

Mike
Jan 26, 2018, 11:04 AM
Electric baptism 1975
I was curious to see where in France you were talking about.
Jan 27, 2018, 12:32 AM
It is indeed a beautiful Albatross, and in fact it has already been on the front page for a while, Ivan sent me a picture of it some bit ago.

Welcome to the club Michel, and very good job! More pictures never hurts!
Jan 30, 2018, 04:03 PM
For more photos, you can have a look to the making off the Albatross build on this forum
http://amvh.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=3233

This was my first flyingboat and two engines planes.
Most of the time I do rc gliders.

On the 4th post, Pierre Chamayou ( on the left ) and me are studying the Ivan Plan'Albatross.

Michel
Jan 30, 2018, 05:47 PM
I just received my set of plans from Ivan, Martin Mars. I spent Friday evening and most of Saturday pouring over them. I love Ivan’s elegantly simple design. I’m going through my pile of parts, and creating my shopping list. Once I finish the Grumman Goose, 48 inch published in Model Aviation, the airplane factory will gear up to manufacture the Mars. I’m hoping my work will be half as good as those I have seen posted here.
Tom
Last edited by ttodro; Jan 30, 2018 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Grammar error
Apr 01, 2018, 06:54 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
I'm just starting on a DH90 Dragonfly from Ivan's plans. So far, quite good. These planes always seem so flimsy when you start building. Then each new step shows how brilliantly the structure is designed.

Here's my build thread

Quick Reply