This thread is privately moderated by LukeZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 08, 2017, 03:04 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Superb. I like the undercarriage very much and wish you all the best with the rest of the build, and that first flight, of course!
to remove ads between posts
May 09, 2017, 12:37 AM
Not even finished and she looks magnificent already! Your skill with a covering iron is quite evident.
May 17, 2017, 07:57 AM
hi lukez

do you have an email? or can i send you a pm?

regards
wim
May 18, 2017, 12:13 AM
Please do send me a PM here at RCGroups.
May 18, 2017, 03:04 AM
hi lukez

i couldnt send you a pm , could you send me pm then i can maybe reply , maybe that will work

regards
wim
May 19, 2017, 12:46 AM
Sent
Yesterday, 04:17 AM

Sealand query

Hi folks, hope you are all enjoying the better weather.

Just working through the pre-maiden snagging list on the Sealand, having completed the undercarriage doors. I also managed to set up my Multiplex transmitter to give differential throttle for steering on the water - took a while to sort that one out!

The control movements as given n the plan seem to be very large compared to my other models. This may be to give more control on the water at low speed, or because the model flies comparatively slowly?

With all the Sealand experience out there, would you advise going with the plan settings or reducing them? I normally set low rates at 70% of full rates, and expo at -30 for ailerons and elevator.

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
I can't personally speak for the Sealand, but I have not yet had to deviate from Ivans suggested control deflections on any of my machines.

As for the other settings, I pretty much do as you have suggetsed, -30 expo on ailerons and elevator at full and part rates, and 65 - 70 % rates on ailerons and elevator. Never had to use low rates yet, even for learners who have a go on the Chipmunk with buddy box.

Good luck
Last edited by pentaxman; Yesterday at 12:57 PM.
Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Martin, I don't recall any issues with the control throws on my Sealand, although I might have reduced the elevator travel a bit in subsequent flights. I haven't got a note of the travels but if you are still concerned, I'll put the model together and do some measurements.
Today, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I will stick with Ivan's settings, but will probably fly initially on low rates.

Just had to recover an aileron as it needed shortening slightly to give better clearance at the ends. Should have checked more carefully before I covered it the first time!

Balance point was spot on with a 3S 3600 lipo, Flying weight is 82 oz.

Next job is to annoy the fish and do a flotation test in the pond.