Funder & Lightning SPAD Edition - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 08, 2007, 10:01 AM
Where's the Any key ?
Discussion

Funder & Lightning SPAD Edition

I have been following a thread on the Foamies section about a plane called a "Funder & Lightning" which is in turn based on a plane called a "Blue Funder", see Funder & Lighning Thread and Blue Funder Thread respectiveley. I liked the design of the plane but not having any foam lying around could not give it a try, then my eye was drawn to the leftovers of the sheet of 8 x 4 x 2mm correx that I had just built a couple of spare Mugi airframes from and I though "Why Not", so 1 cutting session and a lot of impact adhesive and carbon fibre later I have this little beast, wing is 800 x 200 with a 25% Kline Fogleman step on the bottom (I just folded the correx over, stuck it down on the underside and glue a carbon spar tight up against the edge), booms are 300 long, lined up with the leading edge with a 400 x 100 tailplane with a pair of vertical stabs at each boom location. AUW is 1lb and a 1/4 oz with a 1250 3S, Typhoon micro 15/10, 3 x 9g servo's and no speed controller. I have ordered a 30A ESC and some bullet connectors so when they turn up I should be able to get her wired up and maidened.
Any thoughts as to how I can improve things in the meantime while I am waiting for the snailmail to deliver the speed controller and the electrical connectors ?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2008, 01:08 AM
Reap the wild wind

Spad Funder and Lightning

Did you ever get your plane in the air? Weight looks about right and should be ok on 130 watts . At least the correx is tough enough to withstand any maiden mishaps.
Aug 02, 2009, 12:10 PM
Kay
Kay

Kay

[]I have been following a thread on the Foamies section about a plane called a "Funder & Lightning" which is in turn based on a plane called a "Blue Funder", see Funder & Lighning Thread and Blue Funder Thread respectiveley. I liked the design of the plane but not having any foam lying around could not give it a try, then my eye was drawn to the leftovers of the sheet of 8 x 4 x 2mm correx that I had just built a couple of spare Mugi airframes from and I though "Why Not", so 1 cutting session and a lot of impact adhesive and carbon fibre later I have this little beast, wing is 800 x 200 with a 25% Kline Fogleman step on the bottom (I just folded the correx over, stuck it down on the underside and glue a carbon spar tight up against the edge), booms are 300 long, lined up with the leading edge with a 400 x 100 tailplane with a pair of vertical stabs at each boom location. AUW is 1lb and a 1/4 oz with a 1250 3S, Typhoon micro 15/10, 3 x 9g servo's and no speed controller. I have ordered a 30A ESC and some bullet connectors so when they turn up I should be able to get her wired up and maidened.
Any thoughts as to how I can improve things in the meantime while I am waiting for the snailmail to deliver the speed controller and the electrical connectors ?[/QUOTE]
Oct 27, 2009, 03:36 PM
i can't learn fast enough
Hi Kay;
Did you ever get your plane flying?
Can you share more details, as I have way too much cora, and would like to build this thunder & lighting.
ThANKS

Terry