9.5" ws Profile T-38 Talon with Aero Ace Gear - RC Groups
Jul 06, 2007, 06:23 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Video

9.5" ws Profile T-38 Talon with Aero Ace Gear

For all my friends,

I was inspired by Kingpin's (Rainer) simple F-100 Super Sabre, and decided to build the Northrop T-38 Talon. This is one of my favorite jets of all time. The one I would have if I were independantly wealthy. Anyway, here is a video build and fly log. It is about a minute and a half long. Flight sequences are short as the batteries were low in the camera and it kept shutting down.

I hope you enjoy,
Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2007, 12:49 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
NICE !!!!
Jul 06, 2007, 02:00 PM
did it flied?
That is a very nice video Ken but the plane is even more awesome! Cool music too! If you lost 5 grams on the T-38 its flight characteristics will be like a change from night to day. It will zoom like a bullet and climb like a rocket! Its tricky to shed this kind of weight but its possible and you would most impressed with the results.
Whats next? Chuck Yeager's Bell X-1 @ 13 grams?
Jul 06, 2007, 03:16 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronick
That is a very nice video Ken but the plane is even more awesome! Cool music too! If you lost 5 grams on the T-38 its flight characteristics will be like a change from night to day. It will zoom like a bullet and climb like a rocket! Its tricky to shed this kind of weight but its possible and you would most impressed with the results.
Whats next? Chuck Yeager's Bell X-1 @ 13 grams?
The quickest way to shed that weight is probably to go to 2mm depron, but 3mm is all I can get my hands on right now. Another option would be to do cutouts and cover with tissue. This could work to get the color scheme on it. I just had another thought, and that would be to scale it down to about 8-8.5" wingspan.

I just could'nt help doing up the video. Windows Movie Maker has been alot of fun.

Thanks for the comp's,
Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Jul 07, 2007, 07:30 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Ken, another awsome plane!

Really enjoyed your vid.

KC

Quick Reply