Jul 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
I've scanned a decal sheet from a P-40. I know it doesn't go with the plane but the shark mouth looks cool.

Anyone else have decal sheets that they can scan?

Also, here are some shots of Funder 2.

-Tim
Last edited by troynh; Jul 15, 2007 at 04:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2007, 09:17 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
OMG....are those "wire nuts" between your motor and speed controller???

If you're not going to use bullet style connectors, you should at least invest in a good soldering iron and set those for good. You don't want one of those vibrating loose while you're in flight!

Otherwise, let us know how flight #2 goes.
Jul 15, 2007, 10:12 PM
Someone wanted me to post a pic of the gear placement and the KF step on my F & L.

Also you can see how I put in a little mechanical differential with the cocked servo arm placement. I centered the servos, and then moved the arm one notch towards the aileron

11oz with out battery

Tim, love the jaws!

Paul
Jul 16, 2007, 10:27 AM
I would love to see someone make this plane with a full body to hide all the wires and battery.
How about it guys?
Jul 16, 2007, 12:14 PM

Take off video

I maidend Funder 2 this morning. I was by myself with only a tripod to video it. So, no close up's of rolls and loops. I plan on going out again tonight with help so hopefully I'll have better video.

I started off with a 9x6 prop then switch it for a 10x7. Tonight I want to try an 11x7 and a 12x3.8.

This plane flys on rails! I'm very pleased! My rolls are slugish though. Although I have to admit I'm a rookie on ailerons. I'm also finding that my CG is a little further back than the 2.5" mark. Like Paul has said before, this plane is forgiving on the CG line. I'm also trying to find the sweet spot on gliding in dead stick. I would have had some issues with the fuse & motor mount if I wasn't landing in tall grass!

Click here for the video.

DanT,

Go for it. Just please post pictures along the way. I plan on building another out of balsa.
Jul 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
Hey Lee,

I just saw your post about my wire nuts. I get picked on a lot about those. They've been on every plane I've built and haven't failed me once. It's basically my skunk works setup. Yes I do own a soldering iron. :-)

-Tim

PS - If DanT makes this a full fuse then you wouldn't see my wirenuts!
Last edited by troynh; Jul 16, 2007 at 01:34 PM.
Jul 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
Tim. looks like it flies quite steady! My rolls are sluggish on low rates, but nice on high.
Jul 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
Paul,
What are you running for a prop now?
Jul 16, 2007, 03:12 PM
8060 gws dd
Jul 18, 2007, 09:05 AM

Short fly by video

Here's a short video of some fly bys using two cameras pointed in opposite directions. I couldn't get the help needed to film close ups again. It stinks to be by yourself all the time!

-Tim
Last edited by troynh; Jul 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM.
Jul 20, 2007, 10:52 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast
i finished mine a few hours ago, its not exactly like the Funder'n Lightning but close. Its ready for the radio system to be installed. Anybody have any ideas on how to make a one servo aileron for this plane? I have a rimfire and i don't know how secure it will be on mine, i was thinking maybe a pusher but brushless isn't reversable, atleast for me i think.
Jul 20, 2007, 11:48 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93
Anybody have any ideas on how to make a one servo aileron for this plane?
I guess the question is why would you want to? If you didn't have a 4+ channel receiver you could always purchase a $5/$10 "Y" harness to combine the two servos into one channel. Park flyer servos are so cheap these days...it's worth it to buy two. And, if you don't have a computer radio, it'll give a reason to buy one!

Quote:
I have a rimfire and i don't know how secure it will be on mine, i was thinking maybe a pusher but brushless isn't reversable, atleast for me i think.
You can reverse a brushless motor. Swap two of the motor wires. You can always buy a pusher prop.

Got any photos of this "almost" F&L?

-Lee
Jul 21, 2007, 07:03 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast
thanks for the help. I'll get photos on here soon.
Jul 21, 2007, 07:19 AM
Fly Low Fly Fast
heres the picture I took them with my dads picture phone
Last edited by Draven; Jul 21, 2007 at 07:25 AM.
Jul 21, 2007, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
I guess the question is why would you want to? If you didn't have a 4+ channel receiver you could always purchase a $5/$10 "Y" harness to combine the two servos into one channel. Park flyer servos are so cheap these days...it's worth it to buy two. And, if you don't have a computer radio, it'll give a reason to buy one!

You can reverse a brushless motor. Swap two of the motor wires. You can always buy a pusher prop.

Got any photos of this "almost" F&L?

-Lee
As far as I know does not exit a "pusher" prop.
All the props turn the same way.
It depends where you put the airframe (for/aftward) the turning prop. That's where you have a tractor or a pusher.

Some experts may give more clues.

Franky

Quick Reply