Jul 13, 2007, 08:56 PM
I built mine by the tiled plans. I would check the way you taped them together. I maidened mine yesterday and I like it. Thanks for the plans. Here is a video.

Funder & Lightning R\c Plane (3 min 37 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2007, 09:29 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_Josh
I built mine by the tiled plans. I would check the way you taped them together. I maidened mine yesterday and I like it. Thanks for the plans. Here is a video.
Very nice video...and you flew the heck out of it! What equipment is installed in your F&L? Do you have any pics you can post?

I gotta say...it is REALLY COOL to see my design being built and flown. I hope it is as enjoyable to you as it is to me.

What I haven't done yet is introduce these as combat planes. It would be awesome to see two streamers out the back of the booms and in a dogfight with another F&L! .....anyone interested?

Keep the videos and pics coming!

-Lee
Jul 13, 2007, 09:31 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
If your measurments check out then it's me. I print tiled pages at 100% no scaling in adobe. The thing I don't get is that everything else measured fine. It may be how I taped the pages together... No big deal.

-Tim
Tim,

Your build looks very clean. For a moment, I could have sworn you stole my original F&L and took photos of it.

I can't wait to hear about your first flight. Keep us posted.

-Lee
Jul 13, 2007, 09:38 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye000
Did you check the scale to make sure you printed them at 100%? I checked the plans and they dimension at the proper size. I also used the dimension tool in acrobat to check the size and scale in the full size plan, and it was ok. The tiled plan I was only able to spot check things like the scale, but they measured ok.
Bullseye000,

I'm sure it's just my eyes...but everytime I look at the 1-page diagram of your F&L blueprints, it looks as if the distance between the stab and TE of the wing looks too short. I haven't printed up the large sheets...but can you confirm that you have the following measurements? (NOTE: These come from my latest model, not the prototype.)

- Distance between the booms, inside edges - 9 5/8ths"
- Distance from TE wing, inside edge of boom to stab - 8 1/2"

Yes? No?

Also, have you attempted to build this one yet? Have you made up any other foamy plans you'd like to share?

-Lee
Jul 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hey AL, great vid and nice flyin'!! It's a fun plane isn't it? I really like the way it rolls, been flyin' mine a lot!

Thanks again for putting this one out there Lee.

Paul
Jul 13, 2007, 10:29 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Thanks Lee.

Yeah, I like that olive green look. I'd like to duplicate the P-38 "23 Skidoo" because I saw it up close at the Planes Of Fame museum in Chino, CA a few months ago but I'd have to make the nose bigger to acomodate the indian. We'll see. I've got to get this one to fly first.

-Tim
Jul 13, 2007, 10:56 PM
I am using a GWS 2212 13t Brushless motor and a GWS 25a ESC with a 3s
1350mah Lipo. From the web site chart I should be putting out 23.42 oz of thrust with the DD1060 prop I am using.

That was the first time I got to fly it and I will surely fly this one a lot. Thanks again for the plans.

Josh

Sorry here are the only pics I have right now. I can get some better ones if you need them.
Jul 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
Bullseye000,

I'm sure it's just my eyes...but everytime I look at the 1-page diagram of your F&L blueprints, it looks as if the distance between the stab and TE of the wing looks too short. I haven't printed up the large sheets...but can you confirm that you have the following measurements? (NOTE: These come from my latest model, not the prototype.)

- Distance between the booms, inside edges - 9 5/8ths"
- Distance from TE wing, inside edge of boom to stab - 8 1/2"

Yes? No?

Also, have you attempted to build this one yet? Have you made up any other foamy plans you'd like to share?

-Lee
Most of the measurements I took were from the photo in post #4. That being said the distance between the inside of the booms is 10". I'm measuring the distance between to wing and the stab, along the top of the boom to be 8 3/8". If there is a discrepancy here it could be where I placed the booms along the wing. I placed them as far forward as the carbon spar in the wing. Seemed to be the thing to do, make the booms a little more integral with the wing. They could be extended a bit or moved backward if need be.

I've done a couple of plans using roughs supplied by GPW. You can search this forum for his Mini Coupe and his Ebeneezers. I have a couple of my own ideas that I've been working on. Some times it's faster for me to layout a plan than it is to get a build done. I work in front of this PC all day and working on a plan is provides a little diversion sometimes. I am planning on building one of these, I printed the plan, pulled the motor, servos, esc and RX. Finding the time to cut and build is holding me back. I have three planes I've completed in the last 2 months sitting on a table waiting to maiden. Hoping to fly in the morning and get at least one of them in the air.
Jul 14, 2007, 12:04 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
My favourite motor at the moment is Blue wonder or similar.This probably not powerful enough, being only in the 50W class.... whats the recommended wattage .We Can't get the 400xt in the Uk...
Last edited by dekan; Jul 14, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
Jul 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
Time for another motto!
Dekan, I think the 1500kV version pulls over 70Watt with a 8x4 on 3 cells. Not yet a bp21, but close enough as it will allow you to build lighter and smaller.
Jul 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
Dekan, I think you could use the little blue, With a 9050dd and 3S it pulls 6.6A static and almost 15 oz. you might try a 8060dd also. I use it on the Esskay and get much r times and it's faster too, even tho the 9050 is the most used prop on the Esskay.

I just put 3 more packs on the L & G tonite, can't stop flyin g this thing.

Paul
Jul 14, 2007, 08:31 PM
Paul,

I'm about 2 hours from you....

Have any pictures or video you post of your Funder?

-Tim
Jul 14, 2007, 10:54 PM
Tim, on post #22 is some pics, here's the link to a vid; http://media.putfile.com/Funder-and-lughtning

Yep we're neighbors sort of! I saw your vids of stc (I think it was) taken when the leaves were off hte trees.

want to see some air vids of the seacoast, check out my blog page, other foamie vids linked there too.

God luck with the funder, I really like mine, hit a soccer goal tonitem going slow and lown just put a small crease in the LE, massaged it out and took off again. Had a big crow chase it tonite.

Paul
Jul 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
Hey Paul,

I remember now... Thanks for the links.

I killed my Funder today due to stupidity. On the maiden, I had the ailerons reversed. Stupid!!!

I already have Funder 2 built and hopefully will launch tomorrow. No fancy paint job this time. Just a plain Jane.

-Tim
Jul 15, 2007, 01:52 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Thanks guys I will try a Blu 1500Kv on an 8x4 HD

Quick Reply