Jul 19, 2008, 04:35 PM

F&L

Tod
A HD8x4 is about all the TP2408-21 can handle with out over heating. I can go out of sight straight up with the GWS HD 8x4 prop. Give it a try.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2008, 05:06 PM
All regard!!! The Unique plane! I long looked at these photographies, and has solved - shall build such. Apropos, I live in Kiev, this Ukraine. To whom that of interest will look at my variant of the plane?
Jul 19, 2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks Lee,

I had a GWS 1060HD on it at first. When I put the amp meter on it, it was only pulling 5.5 amps. So I felt pretty safe moving to the AFC 1047. The guide that came with the motor said the APC 1047 would give me more thrust. Next time out I'll try the 1060 HD and see if I can tell any difference.

The 5 gram servos probably are too small but they're what I had. I'll swap them out when I find some of the 9 gram HXT servos.

Another battery, servos I better start making a shopping list.
Jul 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMOLET
All regard!!! The Unique plane! I long looked at these photographies, and has solved - shall build such. Apropos, I live in Kiev, this Ukraine. To whom that of interest will look at my variant of the plane?
If I understand you correctly... Yes, please post your photos so we can see your version of the plane.

Diggs
Jul 20, 2008, 04:28 AM
Frequent Crasher Club
Haroldpo6,

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Tod
Jul 20, 2008, 09:38 AM
Long time newbie
Quote:
Good luck with your build. We await your pictures.

Mike K
Jul 20, 2008, 03:16 PM
Thank you, Diggs and Mike K .The Boys, thank you you for answers and support. Much soon amongst these remarkable plane will appear one more, born in Ukraine!!!
Last edited by SAMOLET; Jul 20, 2008 at 03:27 PM.
Jul 20, 2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Kak De La ? Samolet
Jul 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
Your user title is suggestive,
Started working on my F&L while listening to ATTF. Using 5mm Depron and I'll use an ARC-20-34-130 on a gearbox. A 9*6 should give around 700 grams of thrust on 3 cells at 6.6:1 gearing.

I had some short CF booms from an old TREX. Those should keep the tail light. I really wanted to do a pusher, but some say the CG is hard to manage in pusher config.

The wings are cut and the Cline-Fogleman doubler is setting now. I'll slot it for a CF spar later tonight or tomorrow. The tail is cut and the spar in the tail (more of a stiffener really) is setting up. Still deciding on if I want a flat fuse or a carved fuse.

Does anyone have a link to any other planes in this style? I'd like to have a friend cut a Zero and do some combat.
Jul 22, 2008, 09:34 AM
Xptical ,,
I fly a Trex , and using the tail booms on a F&L is way over kill and heavy. I would just use old carbon arrows .. Most places that sell arrows will give you there old ones for free. Just my option .
Jul 22, 2008, 09:48 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Xptical,

Check out this thread for the Zero. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724566

-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xptical
Started working on my F&L while listening to ATTF. Using 5mm Depron and I'll use an ARC-20-34-130 on a gearbox. A 9*6 should give around 700 grams of thrust on 3 cells at 6.6:1 gearing.

I had some short CF booms from an old TREX. Those should keep the tail light. I really wanted to do a pusher, but some say the CG is hard to manage in pusher config.

The wings are cut and the Cline-Fogleman doubler is setting now. I'll slot it for a CF spar later tonight or tomorrow. The tail is cut and the spar in the tail (more of a stiffener really) is setting up. Still deciding on if I want a flat fuse or a carved fuse.

Does anyone have a link to any other planes in this style? I'd like to have a friend cut a Zero and do some combat.
Jul 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
Xptical,

Check out this thread for the Zero. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724566

-Tim
Tim...sweet thread. Gotta build me some dog-fighting planes like that. Now I just need to find a friend nearby who'll join me!!

Did you build one?

-Lee
Jul 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Hi Lee,

No not yet. I'm in the same boat you are in the friend department. I've built Gene Bond's P-51 though which is a blast!

I was going to try this thread's P-51 but to print it on Tyvec for strength.

-Tim
Jul 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
Your user title is suggestive,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT
Xptical ,,
I fly a Trex , and using the tail booms on a F&L is way over kill and heavy. I would just use old carbon arrows .. Most places that sell arrows will give you there old ones for free. Just my option .
It's what I have laying around. Carbon booms for the old 450 XL and they aren't being used for anything else.

The motor I'm using is probably overkill too. If the plane comes in at under 500 grams, I'll have unlimited vertical.
Jul 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
Im gonna try combat the next time i fly luckily ive got a grandpa to dog fight with me.

Quick Reply