Jul 07, 2007, 07:02 AM
Magic Smoke Liberation League
Thanks for the fuselage profile and the dimensions. I was having some difficulty getting it right.

Tim
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2007, 07:03 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarsmythejr
Here ya go.

Thanks for the fuse dimensions! (Tim, you beat me to it 1 minute earlier. )
Jul 07, 2007, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Holy Frijole Batman! That's a big power plant. What prop/battery combo are you using? I want to run those numbers in Motocalc. Something tells me you're going to have EXTREME vertical performace.

-Lee
I do have a 221234 axi I could put in
will use a 10-7 prop gws

battery: 3cell lipo 1320

this is the combination I had in my Smoothe parkflyer

maybe something a little smaller in an apc slowfly, got to look to see what I have handy

have removed electronics from retired plane, have a funeral to attend this morning. will try to work on plane this afternoon if wife does not have to many chores for me

going to be about 93 degrees, with high humidity this afternoon
not much work going to get done outside

still working on how to mount motor to fusalage

bert-nc
Last edited by bert-nc; Jul 07, 2007 at 08:52 AM.
Jul 07, 2007, 11:07 PM
Balsa Flies Better
Something I was toying with. I'm planning to use these to build from. I think they are pretty complete but I haven't actually built from them so user beware.

Enjoy.
Last edited by bullseye000; Aug 06, 2007 at 07:34 PM.
Jul 08, 2007, 01:08 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye000
Something I was toying with. I'm planning to use these to build from. I think they are pretty complete but I haven't actually built from them so user beware.Enjoy.
Someone has WAY too much time on their hands.

These are pretty cool. I would have loved to do something like this initialy but I don't have the "blueprint" software. After looking through the pages, it appears you have drawn it out almost perfectly!

Thanks for sharing. Is there anything else we need to add?

-Lee
Jul 08, 2007, 01:32 AM
Just one more.......
Quote:
Something I was toying with. I'm planning to use these to build from. I think they are pretty complete but I haven't actually built from them so user beware.

Enjoy.
WOW! Standing ovation for that effort bullseye000 That is a truly professional result. I was working on some basic CAD drawings but they would have been Embarrassing compared to that outstanding effort, thanks alot for sharing.

Cutting one out now
Jul 08, 2007, 03:56 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Superb plans bullseye A Direct hit,,,,,,
Jul 08, 2007, 05:27 AM
I love me some Blucore!
wow what a great looking airplane.....looked so good i thought ide build one, unfortunatly that thought occured 7 hrs ago. Its now 5:30 and i have just finished! It looks like a winner!!!!!!!!! THANKSSSSS

NFS
Jul 08, 2007, 06:10 AM
Time for another motto!
Quote:
[...]
Thanks for sharing. Is there anything else we need to add?
-Lee
You might want to add the dimensions of the top panel for the optional KF step on top (instead of on the bottom) If you want a 50% step, you will need to add a sliver of foam behind the spar (assuming it is at ~35%)
Jul 08, 2007, 08:27 AM
Quote:

Enjoy.
WOW! A+ Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Would it be possible to make a separate PDF of just the logos?

-Tim
Last edited by troynh; Jul 08, 2007 at 08:58 AM.
Jul 08, 2007, 09:43 AM

Funder & Lightning SPAD Edition

OK, spotted this and thought "Niiiiice", then I spotted the leftovers of the 8x4 sheet of 2mm Correx that I had just built a couple of Mugi's from and then I had a second thought (2 within the space of 5 minutes, must be record for me) "No foam but I have this nice flat thin stuff just begging to be used", so 6 hours and a lot of Impact gue later I have a Correx Funder that has a main wing that is 800 x 200 with 25% KF step on the bottom, 3mm carbon spar snugged against the step, a couple of carbon booms and a rear wing that is 400 x 100 with again a 25% KF step on the bottom. All up weight with a Typhoon micro 15/10 with a 9x6 prop, I am waiting for a speed controller to come (I couldnt bear to cannibalize one from one of the other planes in the 'Hangar') All up weight is 1lb and a 1/4 of an ounce (motor is listed as having 200 watts) so marking time till the SC gets here so I can maiden it, any thoughts on anything I can do to improve it while waiting for the SC to arrive (apart from painting one side, I have that in hand with some nice bright spray paint from my local hobbshop).

This is what it looks like so far ( the motor is not wired up yet but I have some bananna plugs coming with the SC so that will be done when it arrives)
Jul 08, 2007, 10:15 AM
Time for another motto!
That looks very rugged! Why did you make those aileron so very small? With them being inboard so much you might not be able to roll/turn very fast.
Oh, and get a propsaver, this gearless plane will surely break your prop in a few landings.
Jul 08, 2007, 10:38 AM

Gratz :)

Thanks for the advice JellB, the Ailerons are in 2 sections, 1 inside the boom and one outside, I can extend them all the way to the end of the wing if I need to (the joys of correx, bit of CF down the flute and instant longer aileron) I was going to try as it is 1st and then extend if the roll rate was not high enough, I take the point about the propsaver though, I have broken props before on gearless planes and it's a pain, I may look at at folder or even maybe make some nice light undercarriage, I have about 200 watts per pound to play with at the moment so a couple of legs with some light foam wheels shouldnt eat into that too much.

Thanks again

Jim
Jul 08, 2007, 11:41 AM
Balsa Flies Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by troynh
WOW! A+ Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Would it be possible to make a separate PDF of just the logos?

-Tim
Added them to post #64
Jul 08, 2007, 12:18 PM
Bullseye,

Thanks again for the plans and quick logo add! This is what makes this forum so great. The Linux mentality of open source plane design.

-Tim

Quick Reply