Mar 21, 2008, 04:49 PM
Here is the almost finished paint job.
I have also added a cockpit from alumi tapes.
Funder looks much better now
The maiden flight may be tomorrow. (if the rain stops)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2008, 04:53 PM
"It's a Quad" :O
That's a good looking plane! I've yet to paint the latest one...
Mar 21, 2008, 05:07 PM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan
My full fuselage,ribbed Funder & Lightning is almost ready to maiden, hopefully this weekend if the weather cooperates. The stats are AUW 18.85 OZ, TP2100 prolite, Berg 4L RX, Hitec 55 on the ailerons and a HXT9 on the elevator, Eflite 450, 36 amp CC ESC,APC 10x5 prop. I put dubro wing tip skids on the lower outboard wing tips and three skids underneath the fuse. My scratch built MUS copy flys very good on the 450 at 20 oz, this should be a screamer..
Lt Dan, nice work , cant wait to see it at Sutters landing.
Also check out this thread post 42

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610715
has a pdf of my new event on the 30th .Would love to have you come out.
Keep up the good work the FnL is a great flyer i can only imagine that the built up version will be all you want and then some.
Apr 07, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oh my goodness! I finally got my motor and parts in. Is there any thrust angle in the motor, or is it just installed straight?

~Jason
Apr 07, 2008, 10:28 PM
"It's a Quad" :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedBattereez
Oh my goodness! I finally got my motor and parts in. Is there any thrust angle in the motor, or is it just installed straight?

~Jason
I use 0 thrust angles on mine and it flies great.
Apr 08, 2008, 05:04 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Quote:

~Jason
Confuse you even more, I use a little side and down thrust and mine flies fine .
Apr 08, 2008, 07:14 AM
I also use 0 thrust or down angles on mine and still flies like new.
Apr 08, 2008, 07:34 AM
No thrust...It'll bust...
3 down & 2 right...
Apr 08, 2008, 09:21 AM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
No angles for me. Straight works fine.
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
Apr 08, 2008, 07:25 PM
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one to spend over a month building a plane and waiting for parts in order to set up the aileron servos backwards and crash 7 seconds into the maiden. Tell me I'm not the only one...

Got her set up correctly now and waiting for maiden #2 tomorrow.

On a weird note, I broke both sides of the prop off! I was impressed anyway.

~Jason
Apr 08, 2008, 07:40 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Jason

The good news is that we all do it ONCE, and (hopefully) never again.

Jim
Apr 08, 2008, 09:12 PM
No thrust...It'll bust...
I've never done that... Right Lee?

-Tim

Quote:
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one to spend over a month building a plane and waiting for parts in order to set up the aileron servos backwards and crash 7 seconds into the maiden. Tell me I'm not the only one...

~Jason
Apr 08, 2008, 09:19 PM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?

~Jason
Ive never heard of anyone doing that.lol
Apr 08, 2008, 09:47 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Someone please tell me ...~Jason
Jason,

My personal favorite was at an airshow called BEST in 2006. One of my cherished planes is the Kyosho Cessna Cardinal ARF (discontinued since the late 80's). I own five kits, three of them flying. The second one I built was converted to electric. I installed a blazingly overpowered AXI motor in it and the plane flies like a bat out of hell.

I was showing off to some fellas on the way to the flightline that they needed to watch my "Hyper Cessna" in flight. I turned on the TX, plugged in the plane, flight control surfaces moved, powered up, took off...and she started flying like a blind, deaf bat, on fire, with one wing, out of hell.

The plane was all over the place. After a few seconds, she flipped over on her back and, in my mind, I was thinking I was about to start picking up pieces. However, once she was on her back, I was able to land her "upside down' on the runway with very minor damage.

I closed my eyes, took a breath, looked down....and saw I was in Model Memory #2....not #1. The only difference? Ailerons reversed!

Pilot error....pilot error....pilot error. On a happy note, I've learned from this mistake and can't recall ever doing it again. Still, it was a great landing and I was able to fly her again shortly afterwards.

Welcome to the club! Ya ain't the first and certainly won't be the last!

-Lee

PS - My Cardinal Fleet (minus one)
Latest blog entry: For your viewing pleasure
Apr 08, 2008, 09:56 PM
I just did it again tonite, was flying an IFO and went to launch a ruder elevator plane off my deck, transmitter was still on V mix, didn't change models.

Lee I flew the F & L for the first time since fall last weekend in some good wind, still flies beautifuly!

Paul

Quick Reply