Jun 01, 2020, 09:03 PM
The slow boat from china finally arrived with my new motors. I went with the 1306 motors I linked above, with 4045 props, they get a little warm on a 2s battery. Even on 2s the plane can hover at 70% throttle, so more than enough throttle. I had to re-build the tail due to hanger rash, and we added some wing tape for color. I also used 3m super 77 for the first time to install some logos that we printed out on normal paper with our printer - something I'll certainly be doing more of in the future. If/when I wind up building another one, I'll be scaling the nose to be quite a bit longer - I'm not crazy about how the props are out further than the nose on this one.

I tried to take a movie with my cell phone - it's not too great, but shows it has plenty of power now. Flown by my 10 year old son, who is getting to be a better pilot than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxxVigm3ho
Last edited by joelspangler; Jun 01, 2020 at 09:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2020, 04:27 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Joel, great job! Sorry for the late response.
Jul 22, 2020, 08:02 AM
Where is the link to download this plane?
Jul 22, 2020, 09:13 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
First post on first page of the thread

Quick Reply