Lee, how much does the twin weigh AUW?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2019, 05:53 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Lee, how much does the twin weigh AUW?
Due to the smaller motors, it weighs less than my standard F&L. The twin is only 15.3 oz.
Jan 13, 2019, 10:29 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
So I can fiddle with scale some to end up twin tractor on 3s at 32 oz or less
Jan 24, 2019, 01:35 PM
Rough Landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarSmythe
Funder & Lightning v3

In the attachments below, you will find:

* PDF Plans (1 sheet to scale, XRay view)
* PDF Parts list
* PDF Instructions

Images show the 3D rendering of the pieces going together and a final build of a Ver. 3 kit.

Please leave any messages in this thread if you have questions or comments.

Enjoy!
When I go to print out the plans to cut the parts from, the Xray view is not really what I need. Your first photo with all the parts layed out would be better. Do you have this available as a PDF?
Jan 31, 2019, 07:29 AM
Build, crash...repeat

Pdf?

Iím in the same boat Lee. I canít find a PDF of V3 with just the parts layed out for cutting. Do you have one to post?
Feb 04, 2019, 10:27 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Hey fellas, sorry I'm late to respond. Something happened on RCG and several threads (including this one) got "UNSUBSCRIBED". Had no idea I was missing posts.

I only have the downloadable "PDF" (one of the three links at the bottom of that post). It is "one sheet". Take a copy to a FedEx Office and they'll print it on one sheet of paper.

RD101 - I'm sorry I can't get the multi-layer print out for you. Why isn't the X-Ray version working for you??

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

-Lee
Feb 13, 2019, 09:21 PM
OK, this is a very basic question, but I haven't been able to see the wire size being used for the aileron and elevator pushrods. Is this the pre-threaded stock from Du Bro and other sources that you'd use for the larger balsa models, say in the 50-60 inch wingspans?

Trying to get some of my older projects finished for next season.
Feb 14, 2019, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrocat
OK, this is a very basic question, but I haven't been able to see the wire size being used for the aileron and elevator pushrods.
On ours we used 1.2mm steel pushrods for the ailerons, and a 2mm carbon rod with 1.2mm steel at the ends as shown in Lee's build videos.
Feb 15, 2019, 10:31 PM
Rough Landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarSmythe
Hey fellas, sorry I'm late to respond. Something happened on RCG and several threads (including this one) got "UNSUBSCRIBED". Had no idea I was missing posts.

I only have the downloadable "PDF" (one of the three links at the bottom of that post). It is "one sheet". Take a copy to a FedEx Office and they'll print it on one sheet of paper.

RD101 - I'm sorry I can't get the multi-layer print out for you. Why isn't the X-Ray version working for you??

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

-Lee
Lee, we were looking part templates to cut from. The xray view doesn't offer this. To cut out parts or templates from the xray view is doable, but alot harder. Most plans have parts drawn individually just for this purpose.

To me the xray view is an assembly drawing.

Please understand I am not complaining. I just thought the separate parts drawing would make it easier for everyone.
Last edited by rainyday101; Feb 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM.
May 17, 2019, 02:12 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
How big of a wingspan do you think you could make a Twin motor tractor Funder with landing gear and a 3s2200 lipo and stay under 32 oz?
May 21, 2019, 06:02 PM
Lee / RC Enthusiast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
How big of a wingspan do you think you could make a Twin motor tractor Funder with landing gear and a 3s2200 lipo and stay under 32 oz?
My 48" is very heavy. Based on that, I'd say 40"-42" is the widest wingspan you could get before crossing the 2# threshhold.

Quick Reply