Aug 20, 2018, 02:39 PM
scratchbuilder
This is a fantastic design! Simple and cheap to build, looking great and a very good flyer.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2018, 11:55 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Having just gotten back from NEAT and having met Terry, I'm mulling purpose built planes for various events for next year. Lobster combat (chasing a fast streamer towing plane), night time slow fly balloon pop contest, night bowling and mass warbird launch are primary targets.

Twin tractor, 3s max, 24 ounce max, optimal would have removable landing gear since some events you can take back off if you land upright from the scrum.

Can laminate for assassin class durability if needed, distantly possible to fpv it.
Sep 18, 2018, 09:59 PM
Terry Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Having just gotten back from NEAT and having met Terry
I don't know you by your RCG handle. What's your outside handle (i.e. name)?

I think the FnL would be great for lobster combat and maybe balloon pop. Maybe a single pusher config for bowling. I assume that tractor planes break a lot of props when bowling. Do you think Tom would let an FnL into the Warbird gig?

Terry
Sep 18, 2018, 10:12 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Jason. Team RA Cores. Squid hat at the demo gaggle.

He probably would allow it if painted as a lightning, especially if it was twin tractor. Easy to check.

Youre right about bowling, props would die. And NEAT bowling is much slower and safer than SEFF bowling
Last edited by BrownEyedFool; Sep 19, 2018 at 09:05 AM.
Sep 18, 2018, 10:15 PM
Terry Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Jason. Team RA Cores. Squid hat at the demo gaggle.
Ah...you had me at "Jason"
Sep 19, 2018, 09:18 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_man
I don't know you by your RCG handle. What's your outside handle (i.e. name)?

I think the FnL would be great for lobster combat and maybe balloon pop. Maybe a single pusher config for bowling. I assume that tractor planes break a lot of props when bowling. Do you think Tom would let an FnL into the Warbird gig?

Terry
I asked Tom, once I explained it was a fun scale P38 he said keep it to 32oz and 3s and I'm good.
Sep 26, 2018, 07:58 AM
Got the plans for this and looking forward to building. A while back there was discussion regarding kits. Did that ever come to be? If so I'd like to get some.
Oct 02, 2018, 08:26 PM
RC Enthusiast
First Flite Test Foam F&L !!

Will provide a review on the build and flight characteristics soon.

Quick Reply